HD 5770 drivers

Rakuma

In Runtime
I recently bought a asus HD 5770 ati card for my comp and installed the drivers from the supplied disk. After that I went to ati's site and dl'd the newest catalyst drivers and attempted to install. When I started the install process I was able to Initialize the install but but when it got to the install new drivers portion it would close when I clicked on the add new drivers button. I have tried checking and updating all other computer drivers, removing old drivers before installing the latest, also removing all drivers and redownloading the drivers with no drivers installed yet I still face the same problem. I haven't been able to find anything about it on ASUS' forum or ATI's.

Comp:
Pentium 4
2gig ram
xp 32 bit.

Well i started up in safe mode and tried to install the drivers again and I had the same problem in non safe mode after selecting the language and then clicking the install button it once again did nothing. So I am at a loss.

Well i started up in safe mode and tried to install the drivers again and I had the same problem in non safe mode after selecting the language and then clicking the install button it once again did nothing. So I am at a loss.

Do you have administrative rights?

Oh yeah started up in safe mode logged in under admin and not one of the other two names I have for my wife and I and still nothing. Its just weird because this if the first driver I have ever had trouble with. Mildly frustrating.

FYI. Don't bother installing from the disc, even though the card is new the drivers are outdated. Have you ever used Driver Sweep?

Check out Driver Sweep. Next time you install drivers just go directly to ATI's website.

Yeah I know that the drivers on the disk are outdated at the point of purchase. I haven't tried the driver sweep I will give it a whirl when i get home tonight. I take it the manual deleting of drivers is possibly not removing them properly? And Driver Sweep will make sure they are completely cleaned up?

Alright so this is bumped back up because after dealing with life I was able to d/l driver sweeper and run it which cleaned up most of the old nvidia drivers but one pesky file remains and I can't seem to get it to go away. When I run driver sweeper on that file and reboot it brings up a msdos command screen that has C:/NVIDIA/ yes or no? And I still can't get the current drivers to install. Starting to get to the hair pulling stage of frustration hah.

Back
Top Bottom