Weird Problem

TCO

Solid State Member
I recently left my computer turned on while I was away for about eight hours, and came back to find it stalled on the motherboard's BIOS start-up image. I was forced to do a hard reset. Around the same time, I noticed that my computer's UPS (uninterpretable power supply) was reporting a bad battery. None of the clocks or other computers were messed up, so I don't think that I has a power failure.

I then began noticing a buzzing noise coming from my monitor's (ViewSonic VA1912wb) integrated speakers. I unplugged the computer from the UPS and plugged it into a power strip. After doing so, I noticed that the monitor's colors were noticeably too bright/washed out. I installed new drivers for my video card and monitor, and the color issue seems to have resolved itself.

What in the world happened? Did my monitor get damaged? How can I stop the buzz?

It was a hot day. But the monitor was turned off. Also, the color issue seems to reoccur whenever the monitor is freshly turned on. If I try to adjust the brightness (which is currently at 100%), I get scrolling horizontal lines.

Back
Top Bottom