Droid X or Netbook?

Sinonymous

In Runtime
Hey guys, I need your help and insight on a decision. I'm constantly on the move and usually bored out of my mind. I was debating on buying a used netbook with XP for games and handheld emus (my personal back-ups of my gameboy games and homebrew ds games) or buy a Droid X since I was fed up with my software-walled, call-dropping Alias 2 and buy the emus for it. Suggestions?

Edit: Verizon is the only provider that works in my town.
Edit Edit: I already have a an 14" IBM T42. But is it still worth getting a netbook?

It depends entirely on you. I have an iPhone and a netbook (which has been tablet-ized) and I prefer surfing on the iPhone, mainly because of the small size. The netbook is better for watching videos and such though. You also get all the features of a computer.

I would personally get a palm pre (that is verizon right?) because you get free mobile hotspot with it. I've got it set up on my iPhone, and it is so nice on trips, when I can tether my netbook to it.

iPad is a bit to big in my taste and I couldn't justify paying $499 for a tablet that didn't have a usb port. HP Slate ranks a bit higher but thats just meh.

Edit: Good point foot, but how is the Palm on the OS factor?

Hey guys, I need your help and insight on a decision. I'm constantly on the move and usually bored out of my mind. I was debating on buying a used netbook with XP for games and handheld emus (my personal back-ups of my gameboy games and homebrew ds games) or buy a Droid X since I was fed up with my software-walled, call-dropping Alias 2 and buy the emus for it. Suggestions?

Edit: Verizon is the only provider that works in my town.
Edit Edit: I already have a an 14" IBM T42. But is it still worth getting a netbook?
Would you use the netbook entirely for gaming?

iPad is a bit to big in my taste and I couldn't justify paying $499 for a tablet that didn't have a usb port. HP Slate ranks a bit higher but thats just meh.

Edit: Good point foot, but how is the Palm on the OS factor?

The new Palm OS is surprisingly good. You don't have the huge range of apps that android or iPhone OS has, but they are still there for anything you really need. Mobile hotspot is awesome. You're restricted to 5GB a month, but I highly doubt you would use that much unless you are DLing ISOs or something.

Since you mentioned emulators, I know of three for palm, though I am sure there are more. The ones I've seen are for NES, SNES, and PSX. All run pretty much flawlessly from what I've heard.

Well the reason I brought up the Droid X is that it will be offered with an unlimited data plan and it will also have mobile hotspot tethering availble. But I buy my games that I emulate so I'd be pefectly content with 5 gigs.

The new Palm OS is surprisingly good. You don't have the huge range of apps that android or iPhone OS has, but they are still there for anything you really need. Mobile hotspot is awesome. You're restricted to 5GB a month, but I highly doubt you would use that much unless you are DLing ISOs or something.

Since you mentioned emulators, I know of three for palm, though I am sure there are more. The ones I've seen are for NES, SNES, and PSX. All run pretty much flawlessly from what I've heard.

A notebook would be great I think just for small gaming and nothing too "overkill" but you can also get them cheap.

i cant remember where i saw it, but i think Flash 10.1 will be out for Motorola Droid in late July or August when 2.2 comes out.

and i used about 34GBs on this past months bill on my verizon account. Though i have unlimited.

Back
Top Bottom