Installing PSU and video card

Ok that's not nice you saying not to upgrade again. What card is good and affordable that will work on PCI and that is more current? just wondering

Eatherway is it better to have more MB like the Radeon 9250 has 256mb or is it better to have the GeForce 6200 that is 128mb?

Seriously do not buy either cards.

I noticed that you guys forgot to answer one thing but do I need to format and install Windows XP after I install a new power supply?

Ok I did get the new 450 power supply and the lable does say +12V ~ 20A so it is alot more than 4A. But I don't see any performance difference. Are you sure that I needed to have more power? I hope I didn't buy something I didn't really need.

Ok I did get the new 450 power supply and the lable does say +12V ~ 20A so it is alot more than 4A. But I don't see any performance difference. Are you sure that I needed to have more power? I hope I didn't buy something I didn't really need.

a psu just gives you more power so you can run better components, it wouldnt actually increase performance.

It doesn't increase performance very much, if at all.. (to my knowledge)

PSU= POWER SUPPLY UNIT>>> The PSU gives you POWER to boot all the things! Motherboard, Processor, optical drives, video card, etc. Without it you wouldn't have computer components that work (power up)

Hope this answers your question :)

EDIT: shozzking beat me to it :p

So now I can probley even get a GeForce 9500 GT 1GB PCI if I wanted to since that said it needed around 400 watts but I think real world 350 would work but my power supply is 450 watts so it's even more than 400 watts. But even for my current Radeon 7200 did I really need this since the system is running exactly the same as when I had that 150 watts power supply that was 4A.

Your system would be a huge bottleneck to a 9500GT. You would need an entire system upgrade, which is what you should do.

Would a GeForce 8400 GS 512mb be good? Or should I get something like a GeForce 6200 or Radeon 9250 or even the FX series

Back
Top Bottom