Mexico and Arizona Don't share a boarder

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
First thing first, I don't care what your opinion about Mexico's new law about illegal immigrant is. This thread isn't about that. It's about how people in here in Milwaukee just clearly don't know what they are talking about.

Just some background info. Since the new law passed in Arizona, the City of Milwaukee has been talking about boycotting products from arizona and it's finally getting close to a vote. Then this woman spoke and my hope in my local gov. died.

Peggy West said:
If this was Texas, which is a state that is directly on the border with Mexico, and they were calling for a measure like this, saying that they had a major issue with undocumented people flooding their borders, I would have to look twice at this," West said. "But this is a state that is a ways removed from the border.

She later says that she simply misspoke, but that would make her entire point pretty much void/hypocritical as a big state like Texas should be allowed to do this, but not a smaller one like Arizona.

Full story + video: http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/97208344.html?sort=last+to+first&viewAll=1

Yep, people are retarded. Most people against the law bring up stupid points that are not true. Most that are against it do not understand the law at all. This being a prime example. Boycotting a state is the WORST possible idea, unless of course you are ready for potential civil war. And be careful, Arizona can do the same, as they already told LA they could.

Back
Top Bottom