Hooking my tv up to my laptop

4mattc

In Runtime
I have a 73" Mitsubishi tv and a Dell studio with an hdmi hook up. It will not allow me to connect it to my tv . Do yall have any ideas. I looked it up but could not find anything that helped

no it has never worked i hooked up the hdmi and set it up where it will reconigize another monitor and my tv said new device found and that was it. my laptop didn't reconize that another monitor was found or anything

lol my bad its running windows vista home basic, its built on a intel pentium dual core.

I'm running windows 7 and its control panel is similar to vista's. Heres how I connect to another monitor on my computer. open control panel and click on appearance and personalization or whatever it is in vista. you should then have an option to "connect to an external display" or something like that. there you should have an option to mirror your screen onto your tv. let me know if it works or not.

I connected my laptop up to the tv again and messed with the res setting and it turns out i need a way higher res than my laptop needed... lol guess thats what i get for haveing a 73" flat screen lol. Thank you for all of your replies it really helped in the troubleshoting process.

I connected my laptop up to the tv again and messed with the res setting and it turns out i need a way higher res than my laptop needed... lol guess thats what i get for haveing a 73" flat screen lol. Thank you for all of your replies it really helped in the troubleshoting process.

Size for televisions don't always equate to higher resolutions. Despite being 73 inches, your DLP television still has a resolution of 1080p.

Back
Top Bottom