First Boot Issues

You install the OS first then you install the drivers while in the OS.

Try both the on-board and off-board video hardware.

Also you could go into the BIOS head to 'Advanced BIOS Features' > 'Chipset Features' and tell me what the settings here are.

I have a OS problem.. i put the new windows 7 disk in and its says loading files. Then i get the starting windows screen. but i dont get the windows logo just the words starting windows then the screen goes black.

I have a OS problem.. i put the new windows 7 disk in and its says loading files. Then i get the starting windows screen. but i dont get the windows logo just the words starting windows then the screen goes black.

When the screen goes blank does the screen also go into standby mode?

i just put my video card in and now i get the starting windows screen with te little dot but now it just stays at the starting windows screen. wont go to black.

Shut down the system.

Remove the 9800 GT and re-insert it and make sure you power the 9800 GT graphics card with a 6 pin connector from the PSU.

Plug the monitor into the 1st connector on the graphics card and start up the machine.

That didnt work.. The Screen i get to is the starting windows screen with a Dot i dont get a logo. The Windows files load with the grey bar on the bottom. then the srating windows comes and thats where it stops.

i think my problem is in the BIOS...

Back
Top Bottom