Business Advertising?

Well So Far:

-Large Car Decals (On Order)
-Business Card's
-Ad in 2 Local Paper's (Reach about half a million people?) (Start in 1 week)
-FB Page (Going to run FB Ad's in conjunction with the newspaper ad's)

I Have condisered a letter box drop but im not sure how that would go,i may try that. I Would probably consider a sign outside of my house but it'd probably be stolen :|

My Existing customer base does recomend me to friends (I only have about 10 Loyal Customers).

tele marketing.
or a leaflet drop.

tele marketing does suck, but you'll have direct contact with your customers, you;re going out and finding them, and if you get free minutes on your phone contract it'll be free (or at least only take your time).

if you're only running a local business then get some flyers printed up and go door to door posting leaflets with papers.
or possibly talk to your local newsagents to see if you can give them flyers and pay for the paper boy to deliver them to houses.

Flyers, e-mails, ads in papers are the most ineffective way of advertising.

Out of a mass e-mail to 500 people I'm ahppy to get 3-4 responses.

Flyers, lucky to get a few dozen.

Here's an idea

Get a few broken PC go to like the mall and invite people to build their own computer. Give them a business card tell them if they ever have a problem with their PC to give you a call.

My largest client (I do alot of work for them,used to work there) does telemarketing,they have offered me heavily discounted rates. If i did choose to do it myself,i would just use Skype (I Have unlimited landline calls). I Might talk to my newsagent actually because that would certainly beat doing all of the houses my self.

OR I Could pay someone to letter box drop for me.

Flyers, e-mails, ads in papers are the most ineffective way of advertising.

Out of a mass e-mail to 500 people I'm ahppy to get 3-4 responses.

Flyers, lucky to get a few dozen.

Here's an idea

Get a few broken PC go to like the mall and invite people to build their own computer. Give them a business card tell them if they ever have a problem with their PC to give you a call.

Are you talking from experience or just pulling this out of your arse?

that's probably true...
email out to 500 people, you'll probably get four responses...

give someone a free PC and you'll probably foster some loyalty...

but emailing 500 people is pretty much near to free... and takes 5 minutes...

giving away PC's may cost you money sourcing the hardware, it'll cost you at least a day getting the PC's together... and a day standing in a shopping centre.

you'll still probably only pick up about 4 or 5 clients as well...

and that'll be four of five clients with ratty old computers that they built themselves from a broken pile of crap in a shopping centre...

giving away PC's may cost you money sourcing the hardware, it'll cost you at least a day getting the PC's together... and a day standing in a shopping centre.

I think the reward far outweighs the upfront investment though. (Not to say you were implying differently root) Think of the business generated in a shopping center though, you get more up front interaction with potential clients which is always better than some add. You should have two demo PC's as well, one that runs terribly slow and the other one that you've fixed up, that way the results are real to the people. (And don't fudge the results with faulty hardware xD )

Well im not going to go to extreme's just yet :p

So far i have:

-Phamphlet Drop (Starting Monday) (Paying a friend $80)
-Newspaper ad (Starting 30th, 2 week period) ($130)
-Facebook ad's (Starting 30th, 2 week period) ($100)
-Car Magnets ($127)
-Permission to put Adverts at the local corner shop,post office and hairdressers (Will do monday) (Free)

So far i have spent $327 on advertising....

I Better get $327 worth of business :p

Back
Top Bottom