All Things Apple

At&t doesn't have 4g or plan on upgrading to 4g anytime soon as far as I know... Isn't 4g required to make the Iphone work with video calls?

Issues like this have always plagued early adapters.

Not really, at least not to this level. I've never heard of anything so blatant get past product testing by any company like apple. Still, they have had so many problems lately that it's kinda saddening. Just the ones I can think of are: iPhone screen bubbles, iPhone silent switch breakage, iPhone 3G S extreme overheating, iMac HD 4850 issues, 27" iMac screen, and now this. I haven't heard of any blackberries, motorals, palms, etc. having any issues such as these. I think they are skimping on product testing to get their stuff out earlier.

As far as apple's 'fix', I am unsure. To actually fix the phone and make it usable, they would have to redesign the antenna system entirely, then recall every phone. I have a feeling they are just gonna start giving out bump cases.

If I had gotten one, I'd be returning it before my month is up, then getting the improved version or something else. I absolutely hate phone cases.

At&t doesn't have 4g or plan on upgrading to 4g anytime soon as far as I know... Isn't 4g required to make the Iphone work with video calls?

No. It works on 3G. The audio is sent over VOIP.

Not really, at least not to this level. I've never heard of anything so blatant get past product testing by any company like apple. Still, they have had so many problems lately that it's kinda saddening. Just the ones I can think of are: iPhone screen bubbles, iPhone silent switch breakage, iPhone 3G S extreme overheating, iMac HD 4850 issues, 27" iMac screen, and now this. I haven't heard of any blackberries, motorals, palms, etc. having any issues such as these. I think they are skimping on product testing to get their stuff out earlier.

As far as apple's 'fix', I am unsure. To actually fix the phone and make it usable, they would have to redesign the antenna system entirely, then recall every phone. I have a feeling they are just gonna start giving out bump cases.

If I had gotten one, I'd be returning it before my month is up, then getting the improved version or something else. I absolutely hate phone cases.

I think it only works on wifi for now

I'm pretty sure that Video Calling is WiFi only.

Not really, at least not to this level. I've never heard of anything so blatant get past product testing by any company like apple.

It happens to every manufacturer. Don't kid yourself in believing Apple is the only company suffering from early adapter syndrome.

You're wrong.

AT&T got rid of unlimited plans for a reason. I'm pretty sure this is why.

You're wrong.

I'm pretty sure that Video Calling is WiFi only.

You're right.

I think it only works on wifi for now

You're right.

Back
Top Bottom