what is registry ?? help mee pls

Windows Registry
Windows registry is a very complex database of entries, which stores information about everything on a computer – from the hardware configuration of the machine, to the version of the operating system, to application installed on the computer, to user settings. When the Windows registry is damaged, this could make the whole computer useless.

Does that help?

So think of the registry as a filing cabinet. In that filing cabinet, there are documents that hold information about how certain programs, drivers, the windows operating system itself works. It's a collection of computer commands to help the virtual machine (Windows creates a virtual machine and that's why you have "drivers" to interface with the hardware) better communicate with the computer when running commands. It's a set of instructions for each process describing the "how".
If you had a filing cabinet and each day you had to reference it for instructions on how to brush your teeth for example, the instructions would be there. So would the instructions for the rest of your daily activities. It's sort of like the memory in your brain that you have for your motor skills. Your motor skills and other activities are hard wired with instructions on how your arms work, how your legs work and so on. When needing to execute a command given by your brain, the memory is referenced to provide operating instructions... In a nutshell. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

So think of the registry as a filing cabinet. In that filing cabinet, there are documents that hold information about how certain programs, drivers, the windows operating system itself works. It's a collection of computer commands to help the virtual machine (Windows creates a virtual machine and that's why you have "drivers" to interface with the hardware) better communicate with the computer when running commands. It's a set of instructions for each process describing the "how".
If you had a filing cabinet and each day you had to reference it for instructions on how to brush your teeth for example, the instructions would be there. So would the instructions for the rest of your daily activities. It's sort of like the memory in your brain that you have for your motor skills. Your motor skills and other activities are hard wired with instructions on how your arms work, how your legs work and so on. When needing to execute a command given by your brain, the memory is referenced to provide operating instructions... In a nutshell. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

thanks for this info :)

Back
Top Bottom