All Things Apple

Golden Master
Looks really good. My favorite part is probably the IPS display. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Looks nice, except for the fact that it doesn't work if you touch it. http://m.gizmodo.com/5571171/iphone-4-loses-reception-when-you-hold-it-by-the-antenna-band

Wow apple. Those 3G disguise cases they used for product testing blocked this from happening. That sucks for anyone who bought one of these.

Just a couple of posts from that thread. If you read it, basically everyone who bought the phone has the same problem.

magpie maniac
macrumors regular
This is exactly what I'm getting. It's a great phone when left on the table, but the moment you pick it up, it's a paperweight. I've had more dropped and failed calls today with the 4 than I ever had with the previous iPhones combined. Seriously.

FFArchitect
macrumors member
We've tried placing fingers in different positions to see if there is an exact spot triggering it, but all we seem to find is that, with great consistency, the bars plummet when we hold it and the palm and fingers come in contact with the sides.

Yesterday, 04:09 PM * #56
bmms8
macrumors 6502a
i just confirmed that when the phone shows no service, it doesnt even ring when someone calls..

I've tested my new phone with 3G (WiFi on and off) and with just Edge on. They all have the problem. I go from 4-5 bars to none. We got 2 phones today, they both do it.

I did shove my old Incase slider case on the phone, no problems! Sounds like Apple needs to buy all of us a bumper case!

Kinda p*ssed at the moment...

Yesterday, 04:24 PM * #81
GameraFan
macrumors member
I actually have to put the phone down for a text message to go through...

All I can say is Apple FAIL. There is absolutely no denying it in this case. I miss when their stuff wasn't plagued with ridiculous issues like this.

Gah, just heard that people are queuing for it at my local shopping centre, and have been since the early morning. Idiots

All I worried about, when I asked my mate what sort of people were in the queue were if there were any girls I'd find attractive in there. Luckily, mostly guys with newspapers. Thank god for that

I tried to pre-order the device but unfortunately Apple & AT&T's site crashed :( By the time I could finally get through the pre orders were all sold out. Just called a couple local stores and nothing. Might get a shipment in this afternoon but by the time I can get up there on my lunch break they'll be all sold out too.

Oh well I guess, I really wanted the white one anyway!

iPhone 4 reception FAIL. im sure theyll fix it somehow. i just cant believe they missed it. but im sure apple will make it right.

i just wanna laugh at the people paying 1000 dollars for these on ebay, then they get the phone, and cant even make phone calls. LMAO

Back
Top Bottom