[?] Overclocking my pc

Kaotix

Baseband Member
Hi, I've read a bunch about overclocking but am still not sure where to begin or how to do it thoroughly. My system is

CPU- Core 2 Duo E8400 at 3.0Ghz
Videocard- Nvidia 9800 GT
Motherboard- nForce 790i Ultra SLI SPP chipset(Not sure where to find name and such)
RAM- 2GB

I would really appreciate some help in overclocking my system in general. Mainly my cpu and video card. If you would point me in the right direction or at least get me started it would be very much appreciated.

Is this a prebuilt system such as a Dell or Gateway or a custom built? Most prebuilt systems have very minimal BIOS settings and do not allow for any overclocking options.

Moved to the appropriate forum. :D

Since it's prebuilt, chances are you're stuck with default speeds. You can try software overclocking, but it's usually not recommended as overclocking through the BIOS is much preferred.

Well so far i've gone from 3.0 ghz to near 3.3 now so it is doable*thums up* :D this is kinda fun :)

Used to be able to push 1.6v through an Athlon AXYA stepping.. but I built my own waterblock with copper and the seal leaked. Amazingly it didn't fry anything but the chip... still sad day, those AXYA steppings were amazing for overclocking.

After repeated crashing(blue screen of death) after 3.3+ I returned to 3.2Ghz and is running very nicely. So its not overclockable to a decent extent but decent enough for me as things are running more smoothely now :)

Back
Top Bottom