Result - FAILED: Driving test soon. Wish me luck!!!

Driving test in my state: Written test, which gives you a GDL Class I. This is usually given at age 16, and states you can drive only if you have another licensed driver over 21 riding shotgun with you. After 6 months of having that, it's GDL II, which states you can drive without another licensed driver, but you can only drive certain hours. You have this up until you turn 18, then you get an actual license with no restrictions. In my state, however, it's blue to signify you can't buy alcohol. At 21, you get one with a white background to signify you can.

The actual driving test is given after the 6 months with a GDL I. All it consisted of for me was parallel parking in between two traffic cones with enough space between them to park a school bus.
Same here, except you can upgrade to level 2 with a road test after 12 months (or 8 with driving school) and then you automatically leave graduated licensing 12 months after that.

My road test consisted of turning right out of the DMV, a few lane changes down the arterial road, right on a light, left at a 4 way stop, right at a 4 way int with 2 way stops (residential), a few other traffic lights, merge onto highway, merge off highway, parallel and stall parking, back to DMV. Did it during rush hour, but it was a pretty easy route. The area only had a population of like 60,000-70,000.

Wow, so expensive in the UK. And I thought NJ was bad.

I did the written test twice. I did my road test on Christmas eve with my car and the guy I did it was like an Elvis impersonator and he didn't seem to give a crap. I screwed up a couple times but he didn't care and passed me.

Back
Top Bottom