Argument: SSD vs HDD for upgrade

Sorry. Next time I'll get a link to the download page. Page loads slowly on my stupid 41.2 Kbps connection. It's what I took note of when another member had the same problem.

That site isn't even in English and is completely fishy. I call BS on your link and am putting this out as a warning to others on here. It's been flagged so the mods can have a look at it as well.

if anyone wants the link then they can remove the spaces that I've put into it...

honestly, I can't recommend it because I've not tried it...
on the other hand, I can't say that it's not good either because I haven't tried it.

-I can't find any bad reports when googling for vitsoft registry cleaner though.

english version of site http://www.vitsoft.org.ua/Eng/index.htm

I personally would say "The slowest part in your PC is your HDD we can increase that speed by 200% (prob a lot more then this) for (insert cost of SSD + labor + other charges)

I'd say Intel Xm25 80 Gig for $220

I personally would say "The slowest part in your PC is your HDD we can increase that speed by 200% (prob a lot more then this) for (insert cost of SSD + labor + other charges)

If you said that to me I'd call you a liar. What you're saying above is that you guarantee that you can triple the "speed" of his computer, if not more. @OP: I would just explain to him what SSDs are, what are its benefits, then explain to him what RAID0 is, and again it's benefits. Then you let him choose. Make sure to give estimates on how much each costs.

If you said that to me I'd call you a liar. What you're saying above is that you guarantee that you can triple the "speed" of his computer, if not more. @OP: I would just explain to him what SSDs are, what are its benefits, then explain to him what RAID0 is, and again it's benefits. Then you let him choose. Make sure to give estimates on how much each costs.

And make sure you explain that 1) SSDs aren't perfect solutions for anything yet and 2) RAID0 has no redundancy and increases your chances of drive failure since you have 2 non-mirrored drives splitting all data between them.

Back
Top Bottom