New Phone

I get less almost 2 hours of heavy use out of my iphone on a full charge. I can listen to music on it for several hours (I've never run the battery down so I can't give an accurate estimate). I can sometimes make it through a 2 hour movie on it. It can go for a couple days if I just leave it asleep with the occasional call/text. I never have bluetooth turned on if that helps.

I wouldn't say the battery life is horrible, but it certainly isn't great.

picture2xg.png

How about you actually watch the video?

Watch the freaking video.

that video does NOTHING for me. i could take a quick video of my phone fully charged right now, and CLAIM that ive been on the browser all day, and downloading apps. and WOW my battery is still full one week later! DROID FTW.

I am speaking from REAL world experience. Iphone battery was no better than any other smart phone ive used. And i had 3 iphones, all of which were brand new when i got them.

not one would last an ENTIRE day under usage like, browsing the web when bored, playing games, listening to the ipod.

sorry apple fanboy.

I'm pretty "old-fashioned" I guess. I don't use my phone to play video games nor to listen to music. I wish I had a data plan to check e-mail/facebook. I use my phone mostly to call, text, and check the time. I have a Nokia Music Xpress (and I don't listen to music, how ironic) and the battery lasts me about 5 days fully charged. I never fully charge it so I usually only get about 3 days. If you're kind of like me, I think you should take a look at some of the Nokia Nxx. They're more expensive phones, but they don't put you under a contract deal.

SO....back to ideas/suggestions about the Droid Incredible or what other phone I should look into please.

^^^Please, or does no one have any more opinions. This isn't a battery life discussion. Please start your own thread for that. I'm looking at what phone I should get so please throw out ideas.

I use my phone for internet/email, calling, some light games and video watching (you tube), will want access to Apps, am with Verizon, no texting, no full video watching (movies). Thinking about the Droid Incredible.

I typically have about 60% of battery life by around 8pm left on my iPhone after taking it off the charger around 9am. If I'm doing heavy use after a full day I'll still have 25% left typically.

@ Foothead - If I'm not mistaken you're using a 2G iPhone right? That means your phone is 3 years old. How many other phones have batteries that actually last 3 years?

I don't understand the mentality that you need phones batteries to last a week. Do these people live in a shack? You can't honestly tell me throughout the day that the majority of people don't have access to charge their phones. I work from home now so it's not a big deal for me now, but when I did work out on the road I'd get home and charge my phone overnight that way I'd have a full charge to get through the next day then repeat the process. It's not rocket science....

Excuse me, could you possibly explain how an "Apple fanboy" owns four HP workstations - or is that simply your way of dismissing my evidence backed post?

evidence? which evidence are you referring to? someone who video records an iphone that is 67% charged, and a dead HTC Evo. then claims they have both seen the same usage and look how AWESOME the iphone is? lmfao.
dont get me wrong, i HATE HTC!! the touch pro was the WORST phone ive ever owned. But still, that video sucked.

hardly evidence right there.

im just saying, i love the iphone. i owned 3. and yes it wouldnt die if i let it IDLE ALL DAY. but if your online/checking email/using google maps. ya know USING THE PHONE the way it was intended to be used! there is no way in hell the iphone will last all day. there's a reason they sell an iphone case with a built in extra battery to increase battery life!

im sure they wouldnt produce that case if the iphone battery lasted 15 hours.

^^^Please, or does no one have any more opinions. This isn't a battery life discussion. Please start your own thread for that. I'm looking at what phone I should get so please throw out ideas.

I use my phone for internet/email, calling, some light games and video watching (you tube), will want access to Apps, am with Verizon, no texting, no full video watching (movies). Thinking about the Droid Incredible.

honestly id get the droid X. here are my reasons.

1. its a Motorola, not an HTC(crap)

2. it is WAY more responsive. just check out some youtube reviews. faster processor.

3 even though the thing is big. the screen is just higher quality.

Back
Top Bottom