Connect to a server wirelessly

weehooherod

Beta member
We have a server computer at our business and all of the desktop computers are hardwired to it. The only way I can access the server computer's drive is by using LogMeIn. Is there any way I can connect to it wirelessly?

You can use TightVNC or something of the like. However, you'd have to google for a tutorial on setting it up off-site like that (since it's usually only used on the intranet/LAN). I do know it's possible, though. You could also wait for another reply here. I'm sure someone knows how to do it.

Wirelessly from on site? Why can't you Remote Desktop to it? Using LogMeIn, I'm guessing you are connecting to it off site. You can still use Remote Desktop if you have the firewall open properly and know your external IP address.

Please specify if you are accessing it from on-site or off-site.

I am on site, I'm currently using LogMeIn to access the server. I'd like to have direct access to the drive though.

I am on Windows 7 Ultimate while the server is using XP.

I also cant remember where I saw this but I think this might help. Go to Start > Computer > Map Network Drive (Near the top of the screen) Then proceed to connect to a server over an IP address to gain direct access to a selected drive. I just don't know how to set this up.

Back
Top Bottom