Just wondering

edit: I double-checked, DJ Chris is still a mod :D

I think he's on military leave right now, actually!

-Nothing against gay people. But when someone suggested you might be trolling, that's what popped up. That and dinosaurs is a weird combination that most people wouldn't put on a computer forum profile.

Just neg this guy. Wait, I shouldn't call him that. Just neg this crazy idiot escaped from a funny farm in Dallas.

-1 for last post.

Nothing constructive or informative there..

agreed. And btw, nobody neg the OP. He hasn't done anything wrong.

Oh and OP, most people don't know crap about psu ratings, so there will definitely be quite a few people who will tell you it will work even if it won't. The answer is simple math.

To find the actual 12v wattage:

4A x 12V = 48w

to find the wattage of your system:

27w (CPU) + 23w (your graphics card) + 7w (mobo +chipset) = 57w.

Throw capacitor aging in and it gets even worse, because it is no longer safe to run your psu above ~80% load.

That means your psu can safely supply:

12v x 4a x .8 = 38.4w

You are WAY in the red. If anyone tells you otherwise, they do not know what they or talking about, or have been mislead by your constant claims of 150w.

And whoever told you it wouldn't boot if the psu was overdrawn couldn't be more wrong. Power draw under full load is typically morethan the startup current needed.

Well I do know that the GeForce 2 MX 400 uses only 5 watts so I would assume that the Radeon 7200 will use only around that much since they are compairable cards. Maybe that's why it's working somehow.

Also this is weird but this is the specs I got for the model of the power supply I have online. According to this I have 10A so I don't know which is true acutaly. I have the Bestec ATX-1523D. I wonder that if the lable on my power supply has a miss print number.

Key Features
Compatibility: Micro ATX
Wattage: 150 Watt
Number of Fans: Single Fan
AC Input: 115V @ 6A, 230V @ 3A
DC Output: +3.3V @ 16.7A, +5V @ 16A, +5VSB @ 2A, +12V @ 10A, -12V @ 0.3A
MTBF: 100000 Hours

The MX400 has a 25w tdp. Idk where you got that info from.

And there is virtually no chance that you have a misprinted label. That would never slip by the manufacturers.

I remember someone said something about my power supply wasn't 4A and I guess they must of read this online about my power supply. But maybe it is 10A and the 4A is a miss print. I don't know. But eather way if the video card uses only 5 watts I would assume that's ok.

Back
Top Bottom