Jon Venables

Jon Venables was sent back into prison in February and know we know why...he was downloading indecent images of children. Your thoughts on what his sentence should be?

He actually hasnt been found guilty of these new charges yet and so he is merely accused of downloading indecent images of children . He will be currently being held on remand until his plea and if he pleads not guilty his subsequent trial . Currently there are 3 things which could happen

1) He gives a plea of guilty in which case he will be sentenced and will face up pto 10 years
2) He pleads not guilty and is aquitted at trial in which case he will be free as such subject to licence
3) He is found guilty at trial and again is sentenced up to 10 years

Personally i think its unlikely if it does go to trial that will be the end of it as his defence are going to try and argue that there is no way he can actually be given a fair trial with the publicity surrounding the current accusations and the notriousness of his previous crimes

In terms of punishment I think the 10 years should be suitable enough although I think he is probably an institutionalised criminal after having been inside the system since his initial conviction at the age of 10 and as such I think he will spend a lot more of his life behind bars . In my opinion this may have been avoidable however its too late to do something now

This makes me sick to be blatantly honest.

This idiot, with his mate, brutally killed a little kid. They both went to prison for it. Then they were given new identities and released. Now 'this one' is back in the nick for child offences.

The 'other one' is playing ball and keeping his nose clean but millions have been wasted on Jon's sentence and giving him a new identity only for him to commit a serious offence again.

Let him live the rest of his live in prison I say.

*deleted*

I change my opinion to life.

Tell us what you would do.
I would soak him in kerosene and fire him into the nearest garbage dump with a large potato cannon.

Jeez people...

I think he should have gotten life without chance of parole in the first place. As far as this, I still think he should get life, but the worst they can do to him is 10 years, so I say go with that.

My opinion is that the death penalty is not the best sentence, except for extreme cases like if they killed people after being sent to prison or some such thing. Making them rot in a cell for the rest of their lives would be much worse punishment IMO, and it wouldn't be quite so cruel. (by cruel I mean knowing that when you will die and how. I'd probably kill myself right away if I had to deal with that.)

Back
Top Bottom