Karl Marx

Went from Karl Marx to Oil Spill? Interesting.

I'll chime in with this comment then:

If this had happened during the Bush administration, it would already be fixed.

Know why? Bush didn't have a bunch of liberal whack-job paper pushers. He had a get-shit-done-and-get-it-done-now crew. He would have had the military all over that oil well since day one blocking every single drop of oil leaking from that well, and it probably would have been plugged within the first week.

I can almost guarantee you that Dubya would have used the nuke option. I'm 110 percent for using a nuke.

He was smarter than what most people say he was.

next ppl will rip on u for the nuke option because it will radiat the water...

hell...

seems the oil is doing a good job of its own doing that.

I think the oil spill is in part Obama's fault. And no, I don't mean he did anything to cause it, but he destroyed any chance we had to clean it up or protect our state (I live in Louisiana). The state of Louisiana was originally going to dredge up the barrier islands that were destroyed in hurricane Katrina, which would have blocked most of the oil from reaching the coast. It would also have given us a bit of our storm protection back as long as it lasted, but that really was not the reasoning. For almost a month, they denied us the right to do this, because of "environmental consequences." then when it was already too late, they gave permission to do half of the areas we needed to. So yeah, our wetlands are now destroyed, because apparently making a sandbar is somehow worse for the environment.

He also sent a team of prosecutors to go investigate this oil spill, and to file criminal charges against anyone they deemed responsible. This sounds good and all, but after that point, things
just got gridlocked like crazy, making the recovery efforts pretty much come to a halt.

Now I entirely agree that BP is responsible for this incident, but blocking us from attempting to save what is left our wetlands while doing nothing about it is absolutely inexcusable.

Then there is his ban on drilling. How the hell is this supposed to help the economy? All that is going to happen is America is going to import even more oil. This was clearly an isolated incident, and BP was not following safety code, so why must the other companies who do follow the laws pay for it as well?

Btw, I am not trying to start any arguments here. Please let's respect everyone's opinions.

One more thing - this thread has become epically off topic. Perhaps we should start a new thread to discuss the oil spill?

and BP was not following safety code,
they were following the safety codes...

just the safety codes clearly weren't tight enough to prevent this from happening...

-that's why people are trying to blame bush, guessing his administration must have written the lapse safety guidelines that BP were operating within.

One theory I heard, was sending in 3 small nuclear missiles. Very small blast, but the heat from a nuclear explosion, it would melt the structure in the ground in on itself, blocking it all up. Just an idea... But going on TV saying they are launching 3 nukes at the oil spill wouldn't go over well, lol.

they were following the safety codes...

just the safety codes clearly weren't tight enough to prevent this from happening...

-that's why people are trying to blame bush, guessing his administration must have written the lapse safety guidelines that BP were operating within.

Nope. They skipped the pressure testing of the pipeline, which would have prevented the blowout in the first place.

One theory I heard, was sending in 3 small nuclear missiles. Very small blast, but the heat from a nuclear explosion, it would melt the structure in the ground in on itself, blocking it all up. Just an idea... But going on TV saying they are launching 3 nukes at the oil spill wouldn't go over well, lol.

The Soviets used to do this, and it actually worked very well, and had little to no long term effect on sea life. I think the oil has most likely already done far more damage than a nuclear detonation would.

Back
Top Bottom