OK so this sucks...

A different power supply? I know you know much better than I do so I am not questioning you on this, I'm just wondering what the logic behind that is?

cyberpower PCs have a history of being troubled not that long after being purchased thats why i would not buy from them but to me it still sounds like a north bridge problem

I don't have another power supply to test with other than the one in my computer, but I really don't feel like disconnecting everything from both computers and switching lol. I'm lazy so we're waiting for cyberpower to respond to our e-mail. The reason I didn't build a computer for my sister was because if I was to mess something up or couldn't get it to work, then it's on me and there's no tech support or free help I could get to fix my mistakes or errors. I didn't want anything to be blamed on me as I had only built one other computer before. I have since replaced everything in my computer and feel much more comfortable building and troubleshooting common problems. But as far as this goes, cyberpower apparently isn't too great and I feel bad for her.

I don't have another power supply to test with other than the one in my computer, but I really don't feel like disconnecting everything from both computers and switching lol. I'm lazy so we're waiting for cyberpower to respond to our e-mail. The reason I didn't build a computer for my sister was because if I was to mess something up or couldn't get it to work, then it's on me and there's no tech support or free help I could get to fix my mistakes or errors. I didn't want anything to be blamed on me as I had only built one other computer before. I have since replaced everything in my computer and feel much more comfortable building and troubleshooting common problems. But as far as this goes, cyberpower apparently isn't too great and I feel bad for her.
So there not offering support?

No we don't know yet, it's been 2 days and no answer from them i'm just saying that according to people on this site and others, cyberpowerpc isn't too great. The reviews for her particular computer were fairly good, but after doing research on here and other sites, even in a pc mag where they ranked them as poor, it seems the choice was wrong and next time I will be building it for her. Also, if they do not offer support and it is a mobo problem I would probably buy a good budget board and use the cpu and RAM and other components. So it would only cost the price of a new mobo basically.

Back
Top Bottom