Random Chit Chat

I just got a WiFi card for my laptop, almost finished breaking off my ties with XP, and set up a NAS server. And my sister bought a Chinese Dwarf hamster for her birthday. The cute little guy was clinging to the sides of his cage when she brought him home and put him in his cage. Looked so pitiful sticking his nose out and hanging a rear foot through the bars. What a eventful week.

Here's a great site I found full of tips for computer problems and OS tweaks:
http://www.tech-recipes.com/

Just brought an SVGA 20 metre extension lead to connect a laptop to a 42' plasma TV. I hope it works cause pin 9 is missing from both DE15 plugs on this lead...

:confused:

So I am looking for a TV... Again. My mom keeps asking me to look for one with these ridiculous expectations, like $400 for a 40" 1080p set. This time the budget is $500, so I think it might be barely doable. Anyway, how are RCA LCDs? I know RCA used to be king back in the days of CRTs, but all of a sudden, they pretty much disappeared. This is the TV I am specifically looking at. http://m.sears.com/mt/www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05771930000P?prdNo=7 I know it's only 3000:1 contrast, but other than that the specs seem decent.

There is also always the 40" Dynex panel at Best Buy. Last time I was there, they let me play with the color settings, and it actually looks amazing once it's calibrated right.

Keep in mind that we are trying to replace a screaming 32" Toshiba CRT. Anything would be better. I can literally sit in the sofa across the room and count the pixels on this thing... And I am horribly nearsighted. So yeah, my point is that it is bad.

I am just assuming that there must be something seriously wrong with this tv. 37" 1080p LCD for $400... Lol. http://www.walmart.com/ip/X370BV-FH...0000003142050&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=14527833

Dynex, RCA and whatever else you haven't heard of are complete and utter shit.

Stick with a well known brand name.

Keep in mind that we are trying to replace a screaming 32" Toshiba CRT. Anything would be better. I can literally sit in the sofa across the room and count the pixels on this thing... And I am horribly nearsighted. So yeah, my point is that it is bad.

CRT displays don't have pixels.

You know your a geek when you're installing USB Ports in your car (For charging purposes).

27667420001_large.jpg

This is what my Gauge Cluser Looks Like (Except mine is going to have a Digital Volt Gauge and Digital Oil pressure gauge) but my panel is the standard grey. I'm putting 2 USB Ports in the corner :D

Dynex, RCA and whatever else you haven't heard of are complete and utter shit.

Stick with a well known brand name.

Have you actually seen any of them, or are you just saying this? Because the Dynex TV definitely had very good picture. A little research on it showed that it is actually a LG panel.

As far as the other ones, I really cannot find much.

You know your a geek when you're installing USB Ports in your car (For charging purposes).

27667420001_large.jpg

This is what my Gauge Cluser Looks Like (Except mine is going to have a Digital Volt Gauge and Digital Oil pressure gauge) but my panel is the standard grey. I'm putting 2 USB Ports in the corner :D
What are you wiring the USB plugs too??

Back
Top Bottom