Google it before asking

Google doesn't look at whole sentences but just the word's separately, so you might not always find a solution on Google.

Also, what is posted here helps other people who do use Google. That's how I found this forum, I was looking for a solution to a problem, and then I decided I wanted to stay and help.

I find if I specific error code I can generally get it fixed. But if it's something more to it (like no error code) then I need help of others.

To a certain point I agree (though IMO this is in the wrong section.)

There's a certain regular on here that used to pop up day in, day out asking basic questions on CSS and HTML. First few I gave pretty comprehensive answers to - when he was asking the same questions weeks later and making silly mistakes that could have been avoided if he'd looked at the resources I'd pointed him to on day 1, then I told him to just google. Making a dozen threads on why your inline CSS syntax isn't working when it's clearly wrong compared to the W3C website which has been pointed out multiple times, now that's just silly.

Someone coming in who's a bit of a technophobe and asking what seems like a silly question that could have been found by Googling? I'm not going to shout about it - though I might point them elsewhere if it's a question that's been asked many times before.

If on the other hand someone is still asking basic questions on their 30th post in the exact same format that Google would have produced an answer for in the first result, and is ignoring all suggestions to Google first, that's just laziness.

I know, he must have NMF. I think everyone went through that.

He said he was a mod on other forums. He's trying to take over this forum.

Back
Top Bottom