New Phone

jmacavali

Fully Optimized
So here's the backstory: http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=97875.

I'm up for a new phone in about a month. I'm with Verizon. I'm thinking about the Droid Incredible. Any suggestions for/against. Any other suggestions.

(Also please back up your posts with valid reasons. I really don't want this to become a "this phone sux cuz i says so!!!111!!1" thread....)

Source: CNET
Pro's:
It's fast
Has 8MP Camera
It also has WiFi which is good for going out
Cons:
You can't use voice and data at the same time.
The multimedia experience is not good - I've actually seen this

Source: CNET
Pro's:
It's fast
Has 8MP Camera
It also has WiFi which is good for going out
Cons:
You can use voice and data at the same time.
The multimedia experience is not good - I've actually seen this

A con is that you CAN use voice and data...lol j/k i know what you meant.

Not sure what you mean by multimedia experience? Like watching movies and listening to music?

id wait one month or less, and get the motorola Droid X. its gonna stomp the HTC incredible.

and later on this year, like towards december if you want to wait that long, the droid PRO is rumored to be coming out, with a 12mp camera, and a 2ghz processor.

but if your itching for a phone real soon, at least get the motorola droid X

Battery life is what I've heard is a problem with a lot of HTC phones.

Agreed, but I've seen several forums where they've fixed the issue by not installing all of the Facebook/Twitter/Junk that tries to install when you first turn it on. Seems that has solved a lot of people's problems with the battery life on the Incredible.

id wait one month or less, and get the motorola Droid X. its gonna stomp the HTC incredible.

and later on this year, like towards december if you want to wait that long, the droid PRO is rumored to be coming out, with a 12mp camera, and a 2ghz processor.

but if your itching for a phone real soon, at least get the motorola droid X

That thing looks huge. What's the price tag going to be?

Agreed, but I've seen several forums where they've fixed the issue by not installing all of the Facebook/Twitter/Junk that tries to install when you first turn it on. Seems that has solved a lot of people's problems with the battery life on the Incredible.

That thing looks huge. What's the price tag going to be?

i like the huge screen, especially since youtube is such a big thing on phones now. and watching movies on phones is awesome since im on planes a lot.

as far as pricing im not sure. but id expect it to launch at 199 with 2 year contract. that seems to be the magic number with new smartphones. plus they want to stay competitive with the iphone4

Back
Top Bottom