Wireless Bridge

Deon3366

Beta member
Hi there, I was wandering if anyone could help me with an annoying problem.

i have a netgear wireless n 150 adsl2+ modem router model dgn1000 and a linksys wireless-g ethernet bridge model wet54g version 1.1

My problem is the router is downstairs and my ps3 is upstairs, not very good wireless signal, what i am trying to do is to somehow connect the bridge to the router wirelessly while having the ps3 wired to the bridge and aquire the internet with better quality.

Another problem is that the bridge was given to me with no setup cd which makes things just that bit worse!

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks

You really don't need a setup CD. You should be able to login to the bridge by entering the IP address. What I would do is do a hard reset of the bridge, and then you should be able to enter the default IP address (I believe it will 192.168.1.1). You will need to have a computer connected to the bridge. Then once you login, you'll be able to configure it to connect to your wireless network. However, if you want to be able to connect to the Linksys wirelessly from your PS3, you'll want it to be a repeater and not a bridge.

Repeater
Bridge

Start page for above links.

Back
Top Bottom