Karl Marx

A HUGE amount if I am not mistaken...

dont forget if it wasnt for the RICH big business places, a HUGE percentage of us wouldnt have jobs. so if you keep taxing the crap out of them , well sooner or later it will effect us, either by that big company raising the cost of their products, or if you work for them they might decrease your pay.

in the end. EVERYONE pays. even if you only tax the rich. sooner or later, it will bite you in the ass.

K. 40% of the total income tax. How much are rich taxed compared to other people. What % of their salary?

in this country the top 25% of earners pay 75% of the tax revenue.

and it works like this.

if you earn less than £6,475 you pay no tax
if you earn more than £6,475 you pay 20% of your earnings as tax
if you earn more than £37,400 you pay everything between 6,475 and 37,400 at 20% and everything over that at 40%
then there is a third band where everything over £150,000 per year is taxed at 50%

so if you earned £180k
you'd pay nothing on the first £6,475
20% of all earrnins from £6475 - 37,400 (30925) so you pay £6,185 for this bit
40% of earnings from 37,400 - 150k (112600) so you pay £45,040 for this bit
50% of all over £150,000 (30,000) so you pay £15,000 for this bit.

in total if you earn £180,000 per year you pay £66,225

or a little over 36% of your salary...

The liberal media isn't hugely biased?
Sounds like you are, actually. Isn't that the scapegoat for everything that's gone wrong with the country? The "liberal media"?

I personally find it hilarious when these political hacks use that excuse - especially when they have nothing factual or meaningful to add to discussion. Instead, they use that same old tired phrase to vaguely push whatever argument they have.

Sounds like you are, actually. Isn't that the scapegoat for everything that's gone wrong with the country? The "liberal media"?

I personally find it hilarious when these political hacks use that excuse - especially when they have nothing factual or meaningful to add to discussion. Instead, they use that same old tired phrase to vaguely push whatever argument they have.

You know all the Democrats do is blame Bush. Bush is responsible for the oil spill, Bush is responsible for the economic crisis. Can the Democrats come up with solutions and do something other than blame Bush?

As for the media, they compare the Tea Party members as militia and anti-government dissidents. They display them as racists and Nazis and claim that they don't like the government because the president is Black. They fabricate lies about people simply trying to speak out and use their constitutional rights.

You know all the Democrats do is blame Bush. Bush is responsible for the oil spill, Bush is responsible for the economic crisis. Can the Democrats come up with solutions and do something other than blame Bush?

As for the media, they compare the Tea Party members as militia and anti-government dissidents. They display them as racists and Nazis and claim that they don't like the government because the president is Black. They fabricate lies about people simply trying to speak out and use their constitutional rights.

Bush isn't responsible for the oil spill.
but there is a very good reason why people are trying to make it sound like he is...

if any of you have watched the coverage of the inquiry, then you'll probably agree that "stitch up" is probably a good phrase to use...

it's not that I don't think that BP is responsible, -clearly somebody made a mistake somewhere, and whilst I'm not trying to blame anyone, there is a pretty good chance that it was one of the regular workers on the rig that didn't do something quite right, or didn't notice how something was wrong...

but the enquiry, you have a panel of idiots, quizzing the CEO of a multi-national company asking questions like:
did you personally agree that this check didn't need to be done.
did you authorise this.
did you authorise that.

I just want the guy to turn around to these people are say very slowly, (in a voice that you might reserve for talking to a very small child).

"I am the CEO of a multi-national company, do you know what that means?"...

lets get this straight, it means that he doesn't personally oversee ANY of the thousands of oil rigs that BP operate... he doesn't look at the safety aspects of daily operations.

and the fact that he spent the weekend going about his life rather than personally wiping shit off seagulls on the gulf coast means nothing either.

the fact that the enquiry board can't even realise that the CEO most likely has nothing to do with every individual little tiny detail probably speaks more about the enquiry board, and their management, more than it speaks about the management of BP...

the fact is that Obama sat on the fence for ages just having chats does speak about his leadership skills...
then he sits there and says he was finding out who's ass to kick!!

I call BS on that, Let me think, a BP oil rig explodes and starts pissing oil into the sea... I wonder who's ass you're gonna kick... ?
would it be shells? ummm, no...
would it be Esso? ummm no...
third time luck Mr Obama, the BP oil rig exploded, who do you think you need to talk to?
ummmm, BP??? -well done have a cookie.

the facts of the matter are that someone, (maybe even a few people) messed up.

However, the interesting thing is the clean up, and the clean up costs...

however you slice it, the rig operator, AND their subcontractor, ALL operated within safety guidelines that were set by the government...

the inquiry might find that BP deviated from some of their standard operations, and their EXTRA safety checks that they normally operate, but the facts are still that they did operate within the governments safety guidelines... (at least that's how it looks at the moment)

an accident happened and that was terrible, but due to the litigious culture you guys have, you can mess up, but provided that you did everything right before you messed up, you can then start looking at who to blame for your mistakes...

suddenly it's not looking so bad for BP... but it is looking pretty bad for the government who are going to have to do a lot of work, and ultimately bear some of the cost... suddenly this BP mistake, is looking like an error in the safety guidelines...
the safety guidelines that the government are in charge of setting...

the current government surely realise this, and that's why they are quick to shout "BUSH DID IT!!"...

not because Bush is responsible it's not like he was out there with a spanner undoing bolts, but because the safety guidelines (now clearly) weren't tight enough...

the government will receive flak for that and they are keep to try to pass that off to the previous administration...

the fact is that Obama is just as responsible as Bush, (I don't know when the safety guidelines were set, but bush could be just as responsible as Clinton before him!)... so on an so forth...

If something is wrong it's up the the people in charge to change that...
if the safety guidelines are wrong, and the democrats didn't change the guidelines...

p.s. tragic accident or not, stopping drilling for your own oil is stupid and increases your dependency on middle eastern states, and I don't know if you noticed the the west isn't exactly popular there...

Back
Top Bottom