Random Chit Chat

Care to elaborate since the speakers you linked are more expensive...and are not as high of wattage...and have smaller horn drivers.

Don't judge a speaker based on its size and power handling.

I like JBL. But normally, they are way more expensive simply because they say JBL. I know you own a lot of their stuff. Are these actually better than the Peavey's, or are you just linking them because they are JBL.

This is JBL Professional's lowest priced lineup when it comes to sound reinforcement. The Peavey speakers you linked to are meant to be used as personal monitors.

They better be better because they are $50 more a piece. And if you haven't been following the convo, money is an issue here. I'm not sure how much I'll be getting. Also. That wasn't supposed to sound bitchy. But I'm saying things how they are lately because I've been so frustrated.

Ask for donations. I don't care how small it's supposed to be. You better spend some money now in order to save costs in the future. Don't buy shit because it's the cheapest thing out there. From experience, it'll end up biting you in the ass later on. That's why I attempt to buy quality products. It may be more expensive at first, but it usually pays off in the future.

I've been doing so much sh*t and everyone else seems to be doing nothing, or criticizing what I'm doing...or asking stupid questions about what I'm doing (<- not on here...at my church/other places).

Then don't do it. You're not charity. Let them stick with what they have. If you feel your actions aren't being recognized as positive, spend your time and effort somewhere else. Your intentions may be good, but if the end result is not how they expected it, you'll only end up frustrating yourself and your church's members.

Don't judge a speaker based on its size and power handling.

Alright. Question then: would these "fill" the room better than the Peavey's?

This is JBL Professional's lowest priced lineup when it comes to sound reinforcement. The Peavey speakers you linked to are meant to be used as personal monitors.

I thought they were either/or's. That's why they have a poll mount. I've never seen monitors on a poll mount.

Ask for donations. I don't care how small it's supposed to be. You better spend some money now in order to save costs in the future. Don't buy shit because it's the cheapest thing out there. From experience, it'll end up biting you in the ass later on. That's why I attempt to buy quality products. It may be more expensive at first, but it usually pays off in the future.

Trust me. I understand this. It's other people who don't. I'm going to try my best to get the money but I'm only one person.

Then don't do it. You're not charity. Let them stick with what they have. If you feel your actions aren't being recognized as positive, spend your time and effort somewhere else. Your intentions may be good, but if the end result is not how they expected it, you'll only end up frustrating yourself and your church's members.

I'm going to tell them almost this exact same thing. I'm going to tell them that I'm not going to waste my time installing a crap ass system. If I'm going to do it I'm going to get at least $2,500 or they can deal with what they have. I'm sick of doing this shit for no appreciation. I needed to hear that, J. Others have told me the same thing this week.

Another question then, how much better would a $2,000 or $3,000 budget be? What would I get for that?

Do you think we should mount them on the ceiling/wall? I'm not sure how we'd do it, but I could devise a plan. There are corners on both sides of the projector screen. I could see some type of reinforced "shelf" housing them their. That way, the speaker cable could literally run right through the wall into the projector room. Easy-peasy.

Another question then, how much better would a $2,000 or $3,000 budget be? What would I get for that?

Well, that larger budget would help.

you think we should mount them on the ceiling/wall? I'm not sure how we'd do it, but I could devise a plan. There are corners on both sides of the projector screen. I could see some type of reinforced "shelf" housing them their. That way, the speaker cable could literally run right through the wall into the projector room. Easy-peasy.

If you're going to mount something, make sure the speaker was designed for that purpose. Internal bracing and overall integrity are vital when hanging or mounting any speaker, especially in a commercial setting.

__________________​

I'll be frank with you. The tips I have just offered are as far as I'll go regarding your specific case. While I have some basic knowledge in this realm, I am not the person you should be discussing this with. Proper sound reinforcement is another beast altogether, and I think you should seek another forum dedicated to this issue.

I personally recommend DJForums.com and ProSoundWeb. With the latter, I'd spend most of my time reading instead of posting. The website is aimed at industry professionals, and if you're not one, don't bother posting. They aren't very receptive.

Should of know it was too good to be true! I Just received this email;

Dear Friend:
Thank you for your order my product!
Ordering number: 180520945954

Product Name: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10+16GB!2 year guarantee!
Price: AU $469.00
Shipping:
free shipping
Total: AU $469.00
Please send your payment to my address as follows:

Bank Transfer:
-------------------------------------------------- --------------
BANK OF CHINA HeNan Branch
Address: WenHua Road. DengZhou, HeNan, China
ZIP: 474150
A / C name: Wenlong Tan
A / C No.: 630366020046066
SWIFT (BIC) Code: BKCHCNBJ530
( First name: WENLONG Last Name: TAN)
-------------------------------------------------- --------------
Shipment: DHL
Shipping time :3-5 days.
-------------------------------------------------- -------------
If you have any questions, please contact me at any time.

Thank you!
The listing said it was in oakdale,2 minutes from where i live. Smells like a scam to me. After Analysing the Email it seems it originated from Bejing,China....

Yeah,im pretty sure its a hacked account. The account has never sold anything,only purchased. The Items they bought (Mostly) were pickup only in sydney. How can one in china,pickup something in sydney?

Im talking to live support now.

Edit; I Should join the FBI :D

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.ebay.de%2Fforum%2Febay%2Fthread.jspa%3FmessageID%3D10857391%26tstart%3D0&sl=auto&tl=en

Taken From the German ebay forums after searching his name.

Edit again;

I Have been told to email Safety.

Well, that larger budget would help.

If you're going to mount something, make sure the speaker was designed for that purpose. Internal bracing and overall integrity are vital when hanging or mounting any speaker, especially in a commercial setting.

Well, I was thinking of just sitting them on a shelf of some sort...so it wouldn't have to be manufactured for hanging or anything.

I'll be frank with you. The tips I have just offered are as far as I'll go regarding your specific case. While I have some basic knowledge in this realm, I am not the person you should be discussing this with. Proper sound reinforcement is another beast altogether, and I think you should seek another forum dedicated to this issue.

I personally recommend DJForums.com and ProSoundWeb. With the latter, I'd spend most of my time reading instead of posting. The website is aimed at industry professionals, and if you're not one, don't bother posting. They aren't very receptive.

I'll have a look but it's hard to dig through forums like that. I'll take a look, nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom