hepl a newb build a comp

jason12345

Solid State Member
Budget build help

I know a alright amount about computers but its been awhile since Ive built one and i know how quickly out-dated stuff gets, i have about $300, a ninja 2 case, and windows 7. I need help with compatibility and stuff. I Know for the processor im going to go with amd, I want to be able for this to be upgradeable so im guessing i would want to buy a nice mobo? So from here can you guys help me out?

I have no problem with buying used parts, or buying from any well known stores.

I just kinda surf the Internet, I.M., and wc3,bf ,maybe R.O.
M. if im in the mood, and sometimes my cousin (9 years old) plays runescape.

I like that barebone you picked. Everything that you picked looks compatible to me. Everything is good.

i have a older hard drive and cd drive with the ide i think will i need to buy new ones?
so you think the barebone is nicer? me too, but I dont really need the case and I could use that extra money on a cd drive and HD. the cheapest ive seen a 720 hd was $40 know of any cheaper?

I don't think you can go lower than $40 for a 7200RPM. You could always get the case and sell it to a friend, or save it for a cool modding project later.

I've never heard of that PSU brand, and 780W is overkill for what you need. Some good PSU brands are Antec, OCZ (and PC Power & Cooling), Corsair, and Thermaltake. For HDDs, look for Seagate and Western Digital.

I think you might be able to use a converter like that. Honestly, the HDD and the PSU you link above are pretty good. I would just get those.

Back
Top Bottom