Hey

Exactly. I'd manually held the gears to warm up the engine quicker on my way to my starting point only to get a puff of warm air. But yea they didn't like to properly repair their stock.

I drove a MCW Metrobus once to take spectators to Silverstone. I'll always remember that day for two reasons: The Metrobus was parked on a slight incline. When I selected 'D', released the park brake and came off the foot brake onto the accelerator hard it rolled back, nearly hitting the bus behind me before moving forward. Even our old Volvo DD's never did that, it wanted to go forward soon as you came off the brakes.

Second reason, I got lost on the way back from Silverstone with a bus full of irate passengers. As they got off they saw the funny side and I got even more stick from the other drivers.

You setting up your own bus company?

Aha, the Metrobus is the best bus in my opinion, just driving it and the noise and when it was first built was just so ahead of the other buses at the time. I'm not starting my own bus company but instead preserving a few buses hopefully 1 if not two, the one's I hope to preserve are Ex- TWM 2537 and Ex- TWM 2598 back to this Travel West Midlands Livery. It will be a lot of work and money but it will be worth it!

Back
Top Bottom