Hey

gmcrepair

BSOD
Hi, I just joined . My Username is the name of my small repair company. I love computer's and being using them for over 13 years. I hope to be of a help here.
:)

No I don't drive buses yet, but I hope to get a license in the next couple of years as well as preserving some buses.

I have a manual bus license. It was easy. Drove around Peterborough for a month and took the test in Nottingham. Drove for Stagecoach for 3 and a bit years. Driving the bus was the best bit of the job but they had some rubbish at the depot.

I have a manual bus license. It was easy. Drove around Peterborough for a month and took the test in Nottingham. Drove for Stagecoach for 3 and a bit years. Driving the bus was the best bit of the job but they had some rubbish at the depot.
Nice what buses you driven?

Now your asking. I know nothing about the type of buses.

I learnt to drive in an old Dodge single decker. You literally sat on top of the engine. She was old and I had to stretch to reach the gear lever but it was great to learn in.

At the depot they had some National Express Volvo coaches. I loved those for the Huntingdon run together with some old Volvo double deckers we used on the out-of-town runs.

The old low-liners were the rough though. They never fixed the heating on these things which made them very cold in the winter.

In the latter part of 2006 they got a load of new low-liners and double deckers. Sorry I can't give you model numbers.

Now your asking. I know nothing about the type of buses.

I learnt to drive in an old Dodge single decker. You literally sat on top of the engine. She was old and I had to stretch to reach the gear lever but it was great to learn in.

At the depot they had some Volvo coaches. I loved those for the Huntingdon run together with some old Volvo double deckers.

The old low-liners were the worst though. They never fixed the heating on these things which made them very cold in the winter.

In the latter part of 2006 they got a load of new low-liners and double deckers. Sorry I can't give you model numbers.

Aha, Stagecoach are notorious for not fixing buses same as a local company round here called Cedar Coaches you just freeze in the winter, it's like sitting in a fridge.

I hope to own a couple of MCW Metrobuses in the next couple of years.

Aha, Stagecoach are notorious for not fixing buses same as a local company round here called Cedar Coaches you just freeze in the winter, it's like sitting in a fridge.

I hope to own a couple of MCW Metrobuses in the next couple of years.

Exactly. I'd manually held the gears to warm up the engine quicker on my way to my starting point only to get a puff of warm air. But yea they didn't like to properly repair their stock.

I drove a MCW Metrobus once to take spectators to Silverstone. I'll always remember that day for two reasons: The Metrobus was parked on a slight incline. When I selected 'D', released the park brake and came off the foot brake onto the accelerator hard it rolled back, nearly hitting the bus behind me before moving forward. Even our old Volvo DD's never did that, it wanted to go forward soon as you came off the brakes.

Second reason, I got lost on the way back from Silverstone with a bus full of irate passengers. As they got off they saw the funny side and I got even more stick from the other drivers.

You setting up your own bus company?

Back
Top Bottom