whats your favorite OS?

Not exactly the best greeting thread considering the topic, but I'll play along.

My favorite used to be Windows 2000. It just worked. No frills or anything, just does what you want it to do, nothing more or less.

Right now I'm really liking Windows 7 because it's Vista but it actually works. It's quicker, easier on the resources and has a lot of the nifty Aero features and more. Microsoft actually did a great job with this one, especially how it detects all your hardware and tries to automatically find drivers for them. Trying to get drivers for Vista after reformatting was a pain in the ass.

Right now I'm really liking Windows 7 because it's Vista but it actually works. It's quicker, easier on the resources and has a lot of the nifty Aero features and more. Microsoft actually did a great job with this one, especially how it detects all your hardware and tries to automatically find drivers for them. Trying to get drivers for Vista after reformatting was a pain in the ass.

Yup, Windows 7 works with all the new cool features Vista tried :)

I got a 2.8 Ghz Dual Core CPU, 2 Gigs ram, at work running just office software on Vista and it's terrible. I'd upgrade the ram but I can't since the PC is under warranty.

Windows 7, at work with vista and can't stand it. XP seems so old fashioned now too.

Yeah, but there's this great program called XPize (www.xpize.net) that will spiff it up a bit, by replacing icons with XP icons and add some really cool themes and even change your boot screen and Welcome screen.

00000326.png

I know what I'm talking about. I have three Mac computers in the house. A MacBook Pro, MacBook and iMac running 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6.

See, unlike you, I don't make up false computer stories in an attempt to impress people.

we dont all want the newest thing, my mac still runs 10.4.11.

if it works, and it does what you want it to, with reasonable stability, why waste time and money ungrading OS and transferring files and such?

myself, i just use windows 7, fast, secure (ish, i use firefox so no browser holes...) and its sleek and well designed.

Yeah, but there's this great program called XPize (www.xpize.net) that will spiff it up a bit, by replacing icons with XP icons and add some really cool themes and even change your boot screen and Welcome screen.

jazz it up as much as you want, its still old. i could cover an old dog in a new coat, still an old dog.

I think Windows XP is by far the best operating system, I use that along with Windows 7. But Windows 2000 is also a stable operating system.

Back
Top Bottom