Result - FAILED: Driving test soon. Wish me luck!!!

LOL yeah you guys' test is extreme compared to what I had to do.

My driving test consisted of driving out of the parking lot turning left onto a 4 lane road (2 lanes on each side) go through 2 stop lights turned right onto a small residential road which was a hill pull to the side of the road and secure the car the correct way to park on a hill then drive about 75 feet do about a 180 degree turn onto another road then back to the RMV. The funny thing was I actually was doing 40 in a 35 on the 2 lane road and when I did the 180 degree turn I didnt put hand over hand on the wheel I just kinda let it slip through my hand to straighten it back out and the guy still passed me. LOL but I also had been driving for about 2 years prior so I was pretty comfortable with driving by then.

Driving tests can be very difficult depending on where you take it/what time/what route.
I chose the wrong time.
An earlier time would have meant they wouldn't have took me onto the carriageways because of traffic :(

Got another test booked now for the 6th August... If I fail that one; I don't know

I think too much about every action, but I was being cautious, and I was doing everything else correctly.
All the maneuvers were fine, and signaling/checking mirrors, etc.

Just that damn round about!

that sucks. Well guess you just need to practice more to do it again.

Definitely seems like u's have it harder there, then here in Canada

Its just dead expensive, to have to pay for another 4-5 lessons and then pay for the car to use on the test

Regarding dual carriageways - the national speed limit is set at 70MPH yes, but a lot of them are explicitly restricted below that to as low as 40 in urban areas.

Unlucky Kage, hopefully next time things will more go your way - sounded like a challenging route and with just one major against you you hopefully should be set next time :) It is expensive and it is annoying, but fortunately when it's done and over with it's done for life! (Well... unless you do anything silly ;))

I've had about... 40? I can't quite remember the exact amount, but I've been paying in bulks of 10, and I think I've paid around 4 times, with a large gap of a year or so between the last 10 and this 10, which is why I had to retake my theory.

Thanks though to all of you :) Set the 6th August on your calendar to Kage's pass date, haha

hey kage the route you described sounds like one of the test routes ive been on in manchester also and it is quite a challenging one , I failed my first one with 1 major as well but that was for unmarked crossroads long story . Your right though it is quite expensive to have to book the test again and the car etc i havent got the money atm but im going to try and book it as soon as

Back
Top Bottom