Handheld playstation

foothead

Omnicide now.
Well if you've been following my other thread, you'll know that I was gonna build an atari 2600 laptop, using a 7" screen and a flashback II, but I later rethough it and decided to use a smaller screen for it. Anyway, I've got a 7" lcd and a sony playstation, and I'm gonna have some fun with them.

Lots of pics in a minute.

The DVD player I am using as a monitor:

9a7fd514.jpg

The guts:

575385a5.jpg

Spare parts:

1d5bfef0.jpg

Playstation:

92a865dd.jpg

motherboard:

f17602b6.jpg

The gigantic disaster that is my bed:

ca9ba331.jpg

Anyway, I think that's gonna be it for the night. I'm just gonna strip a few more ribbon cables, then go to bed. In the morning, I'm gonna go to radioshack to pick up some tact switches and a new soldering iron tip.

i hate that ribbon cable just by looking at it.

lol

Haha well it's either that or I could run 24 individual wires in its place. And I am gonna need at least three ribbon cables...

i give u credit, once i start an electronics job, i cant stop till its done, no matter what lol

I would love to finish it tonight, but there really isn't much more I can do without a new soldering iron tip.

And I am gonna need a boatload of epoxy putty to make the case look good. A DVD box with parts hot glued in place wouldn't be very impressive...

Wow, the resident video card/monitor hoarder is going with something that has a resolution less than 1600x1200? LOL.

Wow, the resident video card/monitor hoarder is going with something that has a resolution less than 1600x1200? LOL.

Wait what? It's a playstation with a 7" screen. 480x272 is fine for this.

And I wish I had stopped when I said I would last night. I got really tired and was being careless with a razorblade. My thumb is not happy right now. Oh well, I guess I can wait a couple days before soldering.

Back
Top Bottom