Building new rig

Everendless

In Runtime
Hello. I'd just like some input on my new rig im building.

First of all, this rig I'm building will be used for Photography editing, Graphic design, and extreme gaming. Since i'm going to use it for my career, which is graphic design, I'd like it to be very versatile in updating its hardware. Heres my ideas so far.

The processor i've chosen to go with is the Intel i5. I'd love to get an i7 950, but the price is too much. The Intel i5 should suite my needs. Next, the monitor will be a Vizio flat screen television. I have not chosen the model, but im researched them and it turns out their okay for gaming. Plus most of the models are low in price. Also, i'm going to buy either a ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5870 graphics card, OR a ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5870 Eyefinity 6. Not 100% sure about them.

Now, the point of this thread is too get input on the motherboard I should use, type of RAM memory chips, etc.

If you have any ideas, please post them

Thank you.

Why are you using an LCD TV for a monitor? Particularly for graphic design where color reproduction and accuracy is important, an lcd tv is a poor choice compared to an actual monitor.

Do you think so? I'd like a large monitor, around 30-45 inch at least. What type of monitor would you recommend? I've heard theres certain plasma televisions that are very very good for both graphic design and gaming.

P.S. This is what i'm looking for. Helpful criticism.

How much are you willing to spend on the monitors alone? Do you need a single large monitor or could you deal with multiple smaller ones? Large, color-accurate monitors can get to be quite expensive so it's important to know how much you are willing to pay for such a premium.

I've looked at some Vizio models. Full 1080p tv's start at around $350. I'm going for around $600, which could get me a 37 inch.

Okay. Do any brands stick out?

And also, i'm not that worried about the monitor being AWESOME for graphic design for now. For right now, i'd like a really nice monitor for gaming.

bump

Back
Top Bottom