Has America gone too far?

So I guess it is bad to be patriotic? If that is true, how long till we start burning our own flags?

out of all the people in the world, the boy scouts of America burn the most American flags.

You don't have to be a terrorist to burn an american flag.

Anyway, the threads not about patriotism.

not being funny, but you CAN negotiate with terrorists.

speaking from a strictly English perspective, we've been negotiating with terrorists that have been planting bombs in our city for about a third of a century now.

Negotiation is the only way to get peace.

You need to understand that the terrorists that we are fighting believe that they are right because of God. They want to kill us. I understand that before we could negotiate with terrorists who hijacked planes wanting money but these terrorists are different. They aren't looking for money or land they just want to kill Americans because they feel we are infidels.

firstly, it's not just Americans that 'they' are trying to kill, there are other people too that they want to kill.

Secondly the terrorists I was talking about were planting nail bombs in pubs and killing people in Markets in the UK.
they were fighting over land and religion.

that went on for more years.

oh, yes, and their operations were funded by Americans as well.

The trouble with fighting terrorists is that there is no real structure to a terrorist organisation, it's all based around ideology and revenge, you can't make a friend by killing an enemy, because when you kill an enemy you're undoubtedly killing someone's son/father/brother/cousin/nephew/uncle etc.

and when you kill that person, you get rid of one enemy, but now you've made an enemy of that persons family to, so you've gotten rid of 1 enemy and gained 10 more enemies...

pretty much the only road to peace is through negotiation.

I don't think we do enough when it comes to Terrorists and the attacks they have put on America. Took extreme measures with Nagasaki, However those extreme measures Ended WWII. But in today's day in age, We have to play "Nice and Clean"..

In regards to chasing Terrorists all across the world...It's going to happen...But we need to start worrying about ourselves, and ourselves only. For example 9/11, Find out exactly who did it, and go drop off Fat Boys big brother. Bring our brothers and sisters home from the Armed Forces and protect this Country like no other.

I don't think we do enough when it comes to Terrorists and the attacks they have put on America. Took extreme measures with Nagasaki, However those extreme measures Ended WWII. But in today's day in age, We have to play "Nice and Clean"..

In regards to chasing Terrorists all across the world...It's going to happen...But we need to start worrying about ourselves, and ourselves only. For example 9/11, Find out exactly who did it, and go drop off Fat Boys big brother. Bring our brothers and sisters home from the Armed Forces and protect this Country like no other.
Isn't that how it used to be?? America cared about America, nobody batted an eyelid when NORAD sent money to the IRA to buy guns for killing people in England.

You're right about having to play nice and that hampering efforts...

But the problem with terrorists is that they don't have a country to drop a bomb on... But you're right... Most people involved in the attack seemed to come from Saudi Arabia... So why not drop a bomb there?

(at least you'd get to start offshore drilling again if the Saudi oil option was taken away!!).

Drone, sniper, either way it gets the job done.

Amen and if it allows for my fellow man to be home instead of having to be in harms way so be it.

Some ask if America has gone to far, but if you think about it..

Has America done enough?

Amen and if it allows for my fellow man to be home instead of having to be in harms way so be it.

Some ask if America has gone to far, but if you think about it..

Has America done enough?

and so we're back to my first post...

skip forward ten years, and these drones are no longer the latest greatest things...

you'll still have the attitude that we should be using robot drones to strategically bomb targets to take out terrorist or militia leaders in Pakistan for example.

and the terrorist or militia leaders are going to have more readily available access to the technology used in these devices, and they are going to start saying that having a robot drone taking out targets in the US would be a good thing, because they get the job done and nobody gets killed... (on their side).

Back
Top Bottom