Hondas are Fast!

But personally I cannot see an 18-wheel-gas-tanker out dragging a 1995 Honda Accord, even a 131bhp 2.0, unless the latter has serious mechanical issues or the former has been heavily modded.

Or of course the Accord had been heavily modded by an idiot who didn't know what he was doing, and actually made it much worse as a result. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen something like that...

There's no way a loaded tanker truck would beat a car off the line....just think about it. Stock semi trucks aren't built for speed, they're built for power and stump pulling torque. This story has to be a joke.

There's no way a loaded tanker truck would beat a car off the line....just think about it. Stock semi trucks aren't built for speed, they're built for power and stump pulling torque. This story has to be a joke.
Well, that's the same way drag cars are built. I just saw a 9 second Camaro for sale. 468 bbc... A torque monster. Then the rear end is a 5.13 ratio. Huge torque, considering stock they are around 3.08. Torque is what gets you going, and that's what semis have.

Oh, it was unloaded btw, had a tanker trailer, but it was empty.

How does "Honda Racing" stay in business?
they don't they become sell out to Brawn GP, who then sell out to Mercedes.

There's too much missing from the report to speculate.

But personally I cannot see an 18-wheel-gas-tanker out dragging a 1995 Honda Accord, even a 131bhp 2.0, unless the latter has serious mechanical issues or the former has been heavily modded.
out dragging, over a quarter mile, no, I can't see that happening either, the acceleration of a truck to say 60 is terrible, -but that's got a lot to do with fuel management and gearing, (like the amount of gear changes needed!).

To get to 60 in a car you need what 3 gear changes, 4 at the most, to get to 60 in a truck you;re probably looking at 9 changes.

but just getting off the line to actually be in front...

the trucks got a lot of torque, so I could see that happening,

To get to 60 in a car you need what 3 gear changes, 4 at the most, to get to 60 in a truck you;re probably looking at 9 changes.

Some motors can hit 60 in second(auto), third(manual)...

but just getting off the line to actually be in front...

the trucks got a lot of torque, so I could see that happening,

True.

That reminds me. The report says that both were clocked at over 80mph and the truck was ahead...

Mmmmm.... Fishy and Smell come to mind.

perhaps they were bracket racing?

so the truck got a head start??

perhaps they were bracket racing?

so the truck got a head start??

Which involves some pretty nifty timing gear?

Is there any more info on this report?

Answering Q's with Q's here.

lol

My car can hit 60 in second and it's a 5-speed. Damn you, cruising gears!

Back
Top Bottom