Random Chit Chat

The old HK stuff is fine, but their newer stuff has gone to the shitters.

Have you thought about ditching the HK and using just a pre-amp receiver with the power amps?

Yeah, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. The HK should be able to handle being a receiver and nothing more...or at least that's what I'm hoping. When all is said and done, this unit has been pretty decent so far. A few months running and no problems to speak of.

*knocks on wood*

God can people in my neighbourhood be anymore computer stupid. If I hear one more person refer to a thumb drive or flash drive as a "USB" I am going to lose my freaking mind. I don't even know how that all got started. Even the guys at the source (radio shack for canada) who should have some computer knowledge to get the job do it.

Or "ATM Machine"... I always reply with " Oh you mean an automated teller machine machine?"

^ yes that is true for atms because that is an acronym of what it actually is but
a flash drive is not "a usb" that is how it connects. It's just one if the things that annoyed me and other things like this where people message me on msn or facebook saying stuff like "I tried installing xp 8 and now I can't use the internet" when later I go over to their house or whatever and they were trying to install IE8 and messed up their internet somehow.

A recent one sort of scared me though a person said after getting their computer back from me that their cd burner was gone and I thought they meant that I took it out and stole it but later I found out that they meant the program they used musicmatch jukebox which no longer exists to burn their cds

I've gotta go install the RAM operating system on my PSU so the hard drive can read the BIOS and update the Firefox.

Then I have to install 'FTL!' anti-virus software on the i7 to stop it getting a horse...

:cool:

Anyways i'll get back to you about the active speakers...

That's perfectly fine! I'm in no hurry whatsoever. I have Vaca at the end of June and won't be around till July 8th or 9th again to even begin on any audio work. I also have a meeting for all of this stuff next week, so I'll let you in on the firm budget.

I haven't dug too deep yet. All I've found is what I've posted so far:

Thoughts on this or this or this?

heres a noob i tried to help a few years ago I found this real funny except for the fact that I had to bike for half an hour to his house just for a tiny thing
noobcompchat.jpg

Back
Top Bottom