Cloud Gaming may be coming soon :)

PokerDegenerate

Daemon Poster
Didn't think it this close but they are at E3 this year. Seems cool but heck with the $14.95 a month fee to use it and still having to buy games makes it cheaper long run to just buy a capable computer though i guess. I would be more impressed if games were included in the price heck id prolly even pay 19.95 a month if games were included but GPU's are so far ahead of most games that its really not that cost effective but still cool if you are on vacation and only have a laptop with ya.

Cloud computing set to be at E3 this year

What do you do when your game gets too old and they don't want to run it anymore?

Yeah, if the service went down permanently; since your games are basically owned, but however, also...not owned, then what happens to your games?

Would you get the games in the post that you paid for but can no longer run using it?
That would be the fair thing to do, but I bet they wouldn't.

Am I the only person who questions where the heck they are gonna find people willing to pay for this service? All the hardcore gamers will surely have nothing to do with it, mostpy because of the awful input lag it would cause, and because they already have systems capable of playing the games. N00bs would most likely avoid it due to having no idea what the service is, or how it will benefit them, and because they have xboxes. People in the middle would most likely object to the fees, and go buy a console.

It's gonna be really hard for all these companies to find enough of an audience.

Hmm, well I run fedora core 10 and so can't get alot of games to run even with wine, so I might look into this

I don't like the fact that games are on severs. I actually like going out and buying the game with the disc and everything.

Ill stick to steam. I don't really like monthly payments... they always come out of my bank account at the wrong time.

Am I the only person who questions where the heck they are gonna find people willing to pay for this service? All the hardcore gamers will surely have nothing to do with it, mostpy because of the awful input lag it would cause, and because they already have systems capable of playing the games. N00bs would most likely avoid it due to having no idea what the service is, or how it will benefit them, and because they have xboxes. People in the middle would most likely object to the fees, and go buy a console.

It's gonna be really hard for all these companies to find enough of an audience.

So true, it's one thing to have the systems right next to each other. But if there is any more than a 250ms lag between commands and picture the user is going to notice.
Edit: What about sound? You going to run sound and voice over the wires to? 720p? 1080i?

So true, it's one thing to have the systems right next to each other. But if there is any more than a 250ms lag between commands and picture the user is going to notice.
Edit: What about sound? You going to run sound and voice over the wires to? 720p? 1080i?
why not? I can stream hi-def video from you tube, I can stream applications over citrix at resolutions higher than 1080p.

this about it in simple terms, you're talking abut sending some screen information and some sound.

the intensive processing graphics rendering, physics and all that stuff will be worked out on the farm of machines running the game

plus.... who actually needs, I mean properly needs hi-def for gaming.

I don't like the fact that games are on severs. I actually like going out and buying the game with the disc and everything.

I feel the same way about CDs.

sadly i think that we both might have to get used to it.

Back
Top Bottom