Random Chit Chat

Super. Can you recommend any that are in the $50-$100 USD range? I'm not experience with them at all, but I can say I will not use anything Behringer. I hate them. I had HORRIBLE luck with their powered PA speakers a while ago. Wretched sound.

Behringer is pure crap, and you're not going to find good powered speakers at that price point. Don't even bother to look.

. How much did that run you. I'm not looking to spend much. Active distrib/amp sounds spendy. Also, I'll spread the love. You're pretty awesome too. :D

Seventy dollars.

Behringer is pure crap, and you're not going to find good powered speakers at that price point. Don't even bother to look.

Behringer = fail. Big time. I hate them. Junk. Absolute junk.

Yeah, but J what you consider good is always like 4x my budget. Haha. I guess I'll go surfing then for some.

Seventy dollars.

vvv
Yeah, but J what you consider good is always like 4x my budget. Haha. I guess I'll go surfing then for some.

Haha. Damn you have too much money. WTF do you do for a living? F-ing hunt whales!?

The un-ubalanced RCA's are great for short runs but again if you got the time and cable to do balanced TRS runs from mixer to amp then thats the way to go. If you go the un-balanced route then make sure you keep the audio cables away from mains cabling and if you have to cross mains cable then cross the audio cable at right angles to the mains cabling to reduce pick-up.

Avoid unbalanced connections altogether. Along with the possibility of picking up interference, RCA devices usually don't provide enough output for the amplifier to work with. You're going to need to purchase a converter which can not only convert the unbalanced signal to a balanced one, but could also boost the signal into something usable.

Go used.

http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/f/14/0/

Haha. Damn you have too much money. WTF do you do for a living? F-ing hunt whales!?

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-2-P...8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1276748010&sr=8-2
http://www.amazon.com/HD15-Female-C...cal-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1276748178&sr=1-1
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=1020101&p_id=3572&seq=1&format=2#description

since your like the Audio God there J,

can u recommend me a good surround sound 5.1 or 7.1 system for a home theater application? like, anything under 400 or so?

can u recommend me a good surround sound 5.1 or 7.1 system for a home theater application? like, anything under 400 or so?

That's a bit low. You're going to have to resort to a HTiB type system.

I don't have much knowledge regarding specific models, but check this forum for specific suggestions.

Avoid unbalanced connections altogether. Along with the possibility of picking up interference, RCA devices usually don't provide enough output for the amplifier to work with. You're going to need to purchase a converter which can not only convert the unbalanced signal to a balanced one, but could also boost the signal into something usable.

Okay. I'll go the TRS route for sure than. There are too many mains cables, and I can't possibly avoid them all.

Thanks! I was gunna get the VGA at monoprice anyways. Their cables are seriously high-quality. For our temporary sound setup in our church now I'm using a 1/4" to XLR 50' cable to run down a set of stairs and into a mic input, and man does it have some weight/girth to it. You can def. tell that it's quality stuff. A little spendy for their sound cabling, though, in respect to other companies. You do get what you pay for though, to some extent.

I think what I'm gunna do is measure exactly the length I need first. I might be able to get away with a 30 footer, which would be nice. Either way, I'm just going to buy the cable first and use it with nothing else. See how the quality is, then assess from their. It's only going to be used as a secondary input at the pulpit (and I have a feeling it may never get used anyways), so I'm not spending much on this.

_____

In other news, back to speakers. (also @Remeniz)

Thoughts on this or this or this?

Back
Top Bottom