Car Thread!

What's everyone think of that new Lexus in the commercial? That real fancy white one...

I didn't look at any specs, but damn that's sexy.

The M25? Ugly cars. A Lexus is just an ugly Toyota. It may have impressive statistics and specifications, but it does not negate the fact that it's ugly :|

---
Not so sure about that, Cabbs. We were really getting on it on the way back from work today in a '06 F350 dual.

If you're gonna be doing stuff other than drag racing, then you're probably better off saving for a car and not settling for a Ranger. I don't think a truck (even a smaller one) would be very ideal in the corners.
Haha, drag racing is all I really plan on doing.

Is that not a sexy beast?! Reminds me of a Supra, but less prissy.

ZOMG. Click on prod. info -> specs and then the Nurburgring pkg.

0-60 in 3.6 sec.

You should bring it to a track day. :p

It won't be fast, but you can be the cool guy doing laps in a truck.

Is that not a sexy beast?! Reminds me of a Supra, but less prissy.

ZOMG. Click on prod. info -> specs and then the Nurburgring pkg.

0-60 in 3.6 sec.

I'll pass. The LFA is definitely impressive on paper and I can't deny a V10 that redlines at 9,000 rpm, but it's not worth the money. $375,000 is way too much regardless of how fast or powerful this car is.

As for the looks, it's up in the air for me. It's not hideous, but it's nothing I'd call pretty either.

Oh and the LFA Nurburgring is stupid. All that extra money for 10hp and a faster shifting gearbox (which you probably wouldn't notice).

For the money I'd rather just buy the Porsche 911 GT2 RS or the McLaren MP4-12C and pocket the money I'd save. Not only are they faster, but they're cheaper as well. They're also from Porsche and McLaren (meaning you'll get laid) not the luxury division of Toyota (meaning you won't get laid). Lexus' accountants seriously f*cked up on this one...hah, $375,000....

EDIT>>> The Supra is not prissy. I will admit it's a bit heavy, but that 2JZ-GTE engine is effing fantastic. Even today there aren't many engines that can push out over 1000hp & 1000lb/ft with stock internals with ease. It's built like a bomb shelter and performs all day long.

Not so sure about that, Cabbs. We were really getting on it on the way back from work today in a '06 F350 dual.

Well yeah, heavy vehicles can be fast if you stuff enough power under the hood, but imagine similar amounts of power in a lighter package. Think V8 Miata :)

Unless there is a big difference in curb weight, it probably isn't a big deal either way unless looks matter.

I'll pass. The LFA is definitely impressive on paper and I can't deny a V10 that redlines at 9,000 rpm, but it's not worth the money. $375,000 is way too much regardless of how fast or powerful this car is.

As for the looks, it's up in the air for me. It's not hideous, but it's nothing I'd call pretty either.

Oh and the LFA Nurburgring is stupid. All that extra money for 10hp and a faster shifting gearbox (which you probably wouldn't notice).

For the money I'd rather just buy the Porsche 911 GT2 RS or the McLaren MP4-12C and pocket the money I'd save. Not only are they faster, but they're cheaper as well. They're also from Porsche and McLaren (meaning you'll get laid) not the luxury division of Toyota (meaning you won't get laid). Lexus' accountants seriously f*cked up on this one...hah, $375,000....

EDIT>>> The Supra is not prissy. I will admit it's a bit heavy, but that 2JZ-GTE engine is effing fantastic. Even today there aren't many engines that can push out over 1000hp & 1000lb/ft with stock internals with ease. It's built like a bomb shelter and performs all day long.

I pretty much agree with everything here. The LFA is a well-performing joke in my opinion. Good car, but jumping into a market owned by manufacturers with pedigrees like McLaren, Ferrari, Porsche, etc. with your first supercar and charging $375,000 for it is ridiculous.

I was more or less referencing the Supra's looks when I said prissy. I would still take one, of course. :p

I pretty much agree with everything here. The LFA is a well-performing joke in my opinion. Good car, but jumping into a market owned by manufacturers with pedigrees like McLaren, Ferrari, Porsche, etc. with your first supercar and charging $375,000 for it is ridiculous.

Oh, don't get me wrong. It's not like I'm going to start saving up for it. :D That's a ridiculous price point. I just thought it was sexy. Kind of my style, I guess. Sleek/sexy but a little "muscular" looking too. Meh. I like it.

I was more or less referencing the Supra's looks when I said prissy. I would still take one, of course. :p

I think it looks beautiful. It was designed at a time when simple lines and curves were the design language and compared to cars today it looks pretty.

The Supra, Miata (NA) and RX-7 (FD3S) are among the few of the best looking cars to come from Japan in the past 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom