Hondas are Fast!

superman22x

Golden Master
http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/latest/95967244.html?showAll=y&c=y

SLIDELL — Police cited the driver of an 18-wheel-gas-tanker truck on drag racing, Slidell Police reported Wednesday.

They also cited the driver of a 1995 red Honda Accord on drag racing after clocking the two vehicles going more than 80 mph on Old Spanish Trail Tuesday night, according to a police press release.

A detective began chasing the vehicles after the truck, which was followed by the Honda, turned from Pontchartrain Drive onto Third Street “at a very high rate of speed,” according to the release.

The drivers said they raced after talking about how fast their vehicles could go, the release said.

Craig Smith, 33, of Kenner, said the gas trailer was empty, according to police.

Police cited Smith, 33, and Brandon Tanks, 19, of Slidell, on drag racing which carries a penalty of up to 30 days in jail or a fine of up to $175, the release said.

Capt. Kevin Foltz said the tank truck was in the lead when the detective stopped the vehicles.

Wait I'm lost... The Honda was "Racing" a gas tanker and behind it??? WTF

do you think that you can beat a truck carrying no load off the line?

Trucks can beat just about anything off the line.

At first, it's all about torque. Then it builds into being about speed and horsepower, but if you don't have any torque, you don't have anything.

^ That's what I wanna know. Didn't think a semi would beat a Honda, but I'm not much of a car enthusiast either.

Haha I'll have to check the newspaper to see if there is an expanded story. The Advocate cuts down their internet stories a lot.

Have to wait till my dad gets home though. He has the paper.

There's too much missing from the report to speculate.

But personally I cannot see an 18-wheel-gas-tanker out dragging a 1995 Honda Accord, even a 131bhp 2.0, unless the latter has serious mechanical issues or the former has been heavily modded.

Haha, yea, I know those trucks can be quick off the line, but even an empty tanker truck weighs 24-30k lbs. And some have 1500+hp and 2500+ tq... The thing is, "turned from Pontchartrain Drive onto Third Street “at a very high rate of speed.” A turning semi, at a high rate of speed is a turning car at a slow rate of speed.

How does "Honda Racing" stay in business?

I bet he told his friends he beat high-displacement big turbo setup with huge tires.

Back
Top Bottom