I phone broke or cracked?

4mattc

In Runtime
Would anyone be interested in getting their iphone fixed... Not saying that I'm going to do it I'm just wondering if it would be a good thing to make money on the side. If anyone is interested let me know. Also let me know if it is a good idea.

Not really a good idea. It costs like $150 just for the replacement screen, because apple had to epoxy the lcd, digitizer, and top glass together, making it impossible to separate them. All the eBay listings for just the glass are scams. It is nearly impossible to remove the glass from the digitizer, and once you do, the digitizer will most likely be destroyed.

Hope this helps.

Foothead: Wut?! You can buy replacement digitizers that INCLUDE the glass... They aren't expensive. It's not hard to seperate the LCD from the Digitizer - 5 minutes with a hair dryer and you're done.

4mattc: If you feel confident that you wouldn't do even more damage to people's iPhones - Go for it!

The digitizer was virtually impossible to remove from the lcd on an old iPhone I bought for parts. After like 45 minutes, I gave up.

Maybe the newer iPhones are different, but the first generation ones are hell to work on.

I know how to do it and have done it for friends but is it worth it. I agree with foothead about the older iphones they are hard to take apart but it is possible

I know how to do it and have done it for friends but is it worth it. I agree with foothead about the older iphones they are hard to take apart but it is possible

It is possible to take them apart, but not without either more labor than the phone is worth, or parts worth more than the phone is worth. Basically, leave the first generation iPhones alone. As far as repairing other models, I guess you could do it, but it is gonna be hard as hell to find customers willing to ship their phones out to some random person and give them money at the same time.

yeah will on the otherside if I all ready own my own company and they see technology and also see that we offer iphone repairs then it would be different than just some person willing to fix an iphone.

If you're an established company (please note that an established company is very different from taking a bit of free time out to repair / build PCs) and you definitely know what you're doing with certain models, can tell those models apart, can obtain parts for a reasonable cost and be sure you won't break anything else in the process - then it may be worth considering.

If any of those things aren't there though, definitely not.

I am an established company but I didn't know if it would be a good deal of money in it or not... Alot of people have iphones and a lot of people break them so it would seem logical to be able to fix them.

Back
Top Bottom