Does CF take donations

4mattc

In Runtime
I was wonderning if cf took donations because I know tha it does take time and money to keep a site going

I think the consensus last time we discussed this was that no, they are not taken because David would feel weird about giving someone a perma-ban if they donate money. Or something along those lines.

Shoot. I'd donate, too, if we could. It'd be nice to get that ad out of here.

PERHAPS we could only accept donations from member's who are proven.

Though im sure that was already thought of.

Or, if there was an anonymous donation system so that David didn't know who it was that donated!

Just as Dude56013 has stated, It has been brought up many times, Which is certainly not a bad thing, However David is very adamant in not taking donations....You would be surprised at how many folks have a motive behind donating, So it's easiest for everyone and David especially if they are not accepted. Not that any of the Mod or Admin panel would think twice to ban donating members, but the other party may not see it that way.

I think a simple "Thank You" to David would go a long way and suffice.;)

Basically, members will want things in return for donating and we don't want to give special treatment to anyone. It would be nice though, maybe we could get a vb update and such, but David is against it so it's squashed.

A VB update is needed. Gah. We are so ancient here, it's ridic.

I'm all for anonymous giving. I mean, I think it might get sh*t done around here. Maybe we'd get a new frickin' server.

I dont see the ad anyway, i use adblock plus.. tehehehe.

So maybe if wanted id send like $5 or something, but i dont think id give much more than that for a forum.

TBH. I would for sure donate...from all the help I've gotten here. CF ain't like Bleeping Computer. Everyone on that forum begs for donations for helping people out.

Back
Top Bottom