Random Chit Chat

@Remeniz: In reference to the sound project that we've been talking about, how would suggest I output sound to amp from the Alesis. There is 2 ways. 1) I can do Main Outs, however, there is a left and a right channel (does this mean that each is just a TS?) and I don't want to run TWO lines. PLUS, I'm going to mixdown to mono anyways before going into the amp because I want the same sound to be output from both speakers, so 2) wouldn't it make more sense to use the 2-track tape output (RCA), mix it down to mono to run the line (line will be about 125-150 feet) and then go into the amp? I think option 2 is probably more cost effective if the quality will be the same. I guess, I've got tons of RCA connector laying around, whereas I'd have to buy the TS or TRS connectors. Plus, the AMP (GX3) has RCA inputs, so....

Oooh. Forgot to mention, Remeniz. There is an interesting development to this. I guess our church would also like to output sound to a speaker in the basement and one or two in a main floor room, IF POSSIBLE (not a priority). I would need to split the output from the mixer. Would their be quality loss with an RCA splitter? Or would I want to manually split the lines? I would think that I would have to use small powered speakers in the locations listed (you know, similar to studio monitors, I suppose...nothing extravagant and we can't break the bank. They'd need to be like $50 a piece to make this feasible). Can this happen or not really? We don't have much of a budget. Argh.

@01001010:
What's the longest length VGA cable you can run? You think I'd get a lot of signal loss/distortion with a 30 footer or so? Haven't measured what I'm doing yet, so that's a guestimate.

Yup. For my church. Only problem is the CAT5e doesn't get here til Friday :p

iTerd has made another pointless thread again. Please say this forum is a democracy so i can vote him out of here....

Already flagged it. I want him gone. Along with that lucas kid. We got rid of Flx. Might as well get rid of all of em.

Yeah,we need some decent new members,not 11 year old pre-pubescent n00bs... (Though i can think of a couple of new members who looks promising ;) )

On another note i have finally gotten around to ordering some filters for my camera to make my photo of the day more interesting :D

Yeah,we need some decent new members,not 11 year old pre-pubescent n00bs (who think they own the internet and think they are smarter than everyone else...who, if going to /b/, would get raped in a heart beat)... (Though i can think of a couple of new members who looks promising ;) )

On another note i have finally gotten around to ordering some filters for my camera to make my photo of the day more interesting :D

Fixed.

Sorry, dude_56013, if I'm an idiot to you. PM me with suggestions about changes. I usually listen to advice.

Back
Top Bottom