Car Thread!

I'd only get coilovers if I was serious about tracking it. New shocks and struts will be more than good enough for day to day driving and the occasional autocross day, not to mention it won't own your back. Keep in mind the NA is known to have really short rear shock travel, so if you make it too stiff it'll make the handling worse.

Yeah, the V6 is definitely the biggest improvement, but I just can't deny that Five-Oh. :D

I can see the enthusiast wanting that. If you are gonna spend some serious cash, and you can afford to pump it up some, you may as well get what you want!

4689202003_99f9c7c4ed_b.jpg

Same here. I don't feel much motivation though, I haven't done anything and won't be doing anything more to it.

Yeah, the last thing I did was get M3 wheels for it, but now I'm saving everything I have for my Miata.

I can see the enthusiast wanting that. If you are gonna spend some serious cash, and you can afford to pump it up some, you may as well get what you want!
Yep, and that 5.0 has already been in the 10s! First it was a pretty big achievement when it got into the 10s with a 100 shot, slicks, and a gear change. All simple and cheap upgrades. Then some other magazine company did gears, slicks, I think some suspension, and a tune and got it into the 10s... No 100 shot. That's pretty crazy, considering an SS runs 13.1 stock I think.

On another note, I've been looking into other options for MY 5.0. I might pick up another Ranger. First or 2nd gen preferably and put it in. They are really cheap trucks compared to the rx7s and Fox bodies I have been hoping for. I think it would save me some money, and still be a sub 3000lb car. Traction and handling will be a bit less though, but I could drop it a few inches maybe...

What's everyone think of that new Lexus in the commercial? That real fancy white one...

I didn't look at any specs, but damn that's sexy.

On another note, I've been looking into other options for MY 5.0. I might pick up another Ranger. First or 2nd gen preferably and put it in. They are really cheap trucks compared to the rx7s and Fox bodies I have been hoping for. I think it would save me some money, and still be a sub 3000lb car. Traction and handling will be a bit less though, but I could drop it a few inches maybe...

If you're gonna be doing stuff other than drag racing, then you're probably better off saving for a car and not settling for a Ranger. I don't think a truck (even a smaller one) would be very ideal in the corners.

Back
Top Bottom