Serious virus problem! Help please!

modd3d

Beta member
I'm having an issue on my computer. My friend downloaded a bunch of hacks for a game of his on my computer. I'm not sure whats causing this but now, it takes longer to login to my accounts on my computer, (im on windows XP, SP3), and when it finally logs in, my taskbar wont show up. My icons also take awhile to show up. I dont have any antivirus software so i cant get rid of this. Also my audio doesnt work, and it takes awhile for my networking service to start up. Theres also a few programs i cant use, like windows media player, MS paint, etc. Any help? A virus scanner? Anything?

I'm having an issue on my computer. My friend downloaded a bunch of hacks for a game of his on my computer. I'm not sure whats causing this but now, it takes longer to login to my accounts on my computer, (im on windows XP, SP3), and when it finally logs in, my taskbar wont show up. My icons also take awhile to show up. I dont have any antivirus software so i cant get rid of this. Also my audio doesnt work, and it takes awhile for my networking service to start up. Theres also a few programs i cant use, like windows media player, MS paint, etc. Any help? A virus scanner? Anything?
Google for a free version of AVG and malwarebytes.
Install and run, if you are lucky these two programs might fix your PC or otherwise reformat and reload your software.

You got 12 out of 10 for surfing the net with no protection!

AVG Free: Link
MalwareBytes Free: Link

Install both of those programs, run them, and click on scan.
Hopefully they should clean anything virus you may have on your system.

If you still have problems please KEEP those programs installed.
But now download this:
HiJackThis: Link
No installation needed

Run the program, generate a log, and save this log. Then please post the log here.

I Know of a good program that is free..

Avast Antivirus is a really good program that I use, Keep running and updating this if you download..

Good Luck in fixing your problem!

just might be the problem :p

ive got Avast! and Malwarebytes on here, and its always been fairly problem free. id go with those before you try anything more drastic. :)

Ive Heard a lot about this malware bytes Program, Might check it out for myself! Ive always Used avast.. :) - Id recommend that too anyone, Ive been using it for years, Ive had a problem free pc :)

Serious virus problem Help please

Go where you have that file in your directory right click that file select properties and make sure the chmod is reading 777 if not change it to that.....
hope that helps...

Wait. . . . . . .

You surfed the net with absolutely no protection? Not even Windows Defender? That's one of the stupidest things to do with a computer. (No Offense) Install Malwarebytes, Spybot, and AVG they should get rid of your problem and hopefully you learned a lesson. (lol) If that doesn't work install Trend Micro HijackThis and post the log. If the virus will not let you download it put it on a flash drive and install it in your computer.

Back
Top Bottom