Good HDD Buy on the Egg if you Need One!

dude_56013

Fully Optimized
Thought I'd leave this here.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148395

Great price for the capacity. I might pick one or two up. Not sure. I guess I need to save my money...and I don't think I have use for them since I have no open SATA ports on any of my computers :p

This is one of the faster drives available--even though it's 16MB cache--because it is single platter. 2 of these in RAID0 were beating a WD Raptor in benchmarks, I believe, the last time I did research on them. So far the .12 drives have not been plagued with as many problems as the .11 drives.

True - Although it does have twice the cache! But I would probably choose the drive you posted if I was going for speed :)

The 1TB would be a good storage drive.

Or, a drive for the non-picky. You probably wouldn't really notice a difference except in the benchies.

great harddrive, i may have to buy one more, idno. dont really want to spend money lol. id love a RAID setup.

I'd love a RAID0 + 1 setup (or maybe it's 1 + 0?) for performance and redundancy. But I'll need a new MB before I can do that, as this one only has 4 SATA ports and I've already got 2 - WD Black 1TBs in RAID1, along with 2 - Sony Optiarc 24x optical drives.

Hmm.. I'm awfully tempted to get two 250GB Drives an RAID0 them, then use my current 500GB for just general file storage..

Back
Top Bottom