Really sticky keyboard.

foothead

Omnicide now.
How can I get the keyboard on my atari 400 to quit sticking so badly? I have taken it apart and cleaned out all dust, but that really didn't help. I'm worried about doing anything further because, from the looks of things, this computer is irreplaceable.

Here is a picture of it.

345b1839.jpg

Stop touching yourself while using it.. :D

ummm.... Just no.

that depends, does it stick to the bottom when you press something, or are the keys sticky?

The keys stick. It is mostly right when I press them, but the whole keystroke feels sticky.
Can you take the keys from a keyboard?

? From a different keyboard? No. These are very different from anything I have ever seen. And I cannot buy a busted atari and swap keyboards because there are only a few in existence that have a real keyboard. Most hve some pos touchpad thing.

Maybe that's just how they type?

That's what I'm honestly thinking, Gibson. I remember the old computers that my grandparents had (those old ones with the screen that was black with green wording and used those massive floppy disk to play crapass games when I was like 5 years old) and they all had a lot of friction while typing, as well. You'd push down to start the keystroke and have to put a little more force than normal...then it would "pop" down to finish the keystroke.

That's what I'm honestly thinking, Gibson. I remember the old computers that my grandparents had (those old ones with the screen that was black with green wording and used those massive floppy disk to play crapass games when I was like 5 years old) and they all had a lot of friction while typing, as well. You'd push down to start the keystroke and have to put a little more force than normal...then it would "pop" down to finish the keystroke.

Yeah, that's what I thought, although I don't have that much experience with really old stuff like that. It also seems that if there's no dirt or anything under the keys, there really wouldn't be much else that would prevent it from typing normally.

Back
Top Bottom