Trying another build...

Cazelo

Baseband Member
Hello again, members of computerforums. I'd like to share another build with you, and would like to hear your opinions about it.

-Wolfdale Intel E5300 CPU, 2.6GHz
-Rosewill DESTROYER ATX Mid Tower Case
-EVGA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB Video Card
-Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5
-OCZ Fatal1ty 550w Power Supply
-G.SKILL Ripjaw Series 4GB 240-pin DDR3 memory
-MSI P43-C51 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard
-Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Total: $651, so about $680 with shipping.

I am ordering from NewEgg.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Games like Left 4 Dead 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Modern Warfare 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Team Fortress 2, and a few others.

It's pretty decent for that then. The CPU could use some work particularly for MW2 and BFBC2. If you can afford more, a $50 improvement will go far there.

Cool, thanks. As for MW2 and BFBC2, I don't really mind if it doesn't run on straight perfect graphics. I use a Single core Sempron 3000 with a GeForce 9500 right now, lol.

Well then let the improvement begin!

Let me know how that MSI board works out for you. I'm considering a cheap build and I'm looking into an MSI board.

Alright. Well if you could wait until August, because that's when I'm buying this build... o.o

Lol that's fine. I have car payments to make so that's limiting my funds to buy parts...

That and I need a new remote for my media center which is taking priority over a new build ^_^

Do you think I could replace the 5770 with a GeForce 9800 GT? Just for budget purposes. I'm also taking out the sound card, I have a good Stereo one anyways.

Do you think I could replace the 5770 with a GeForce 9800 GT? Just for budget purposes. I'm also taking out the sound card, I have a good Stereo one anyways.

I wouldn't recommend it. That's going to make a big difference in performance, and not save you all that much money.

Back
Top Bottom