video card for Toshiba satellite

ScSteeler68

Beta member
Does anyone know if there is a aftermarket video card with a s-video port for a Toshiba satellite A205 S5804 ? I'm trying to hook it up to my plasma tv and i figured it would be my least expensive way of doing so .

Any help is very appreciated .

There aren't any as you can't install/replace the built in graphics system of most laptops.

It does have a VGA port that you can use to hook up to your TV.

Yes it does have a VGA port , But ... how do i hook that up to my tv without buying a $100 VGA to composite or S-video converter . The laptop does have a port for the s-video but it is blocked off . The tv i want to hook it up to has HDMI , composite . a/v and s-video jacks . I am just looking for the least expensive option

Thanks

get a cheap dvd player with a usb, sorry but its your best option. A dvi connection is what you want in laptop for your telly mate to go dvi to hdmi. A lot of new laptops come with these now.

Using your vga will not give you a good resolution on the telly but obviously it will work. You wouldn't want to watch any films or anything on it though.

Pardon? A VGA Cable is more than carrying a signal of 1080p (1920x1080)....

Using a VGA Connection to a TV Will Look fine,maybe not as crisp as a HDMI Cable (Even then,you will have to be picky to spot the differences) but it will still look fine.

You are pardoned neodude.
1280 x 1024 is the most you'll get through vga.
even putting on a dvi to vga connector on my ati 4800 makes my full hd 1080p flatron 22" monitor defualt to this resolution, i normally have it on 1920 x 1080.
i get countless people ask me almost everyday how they can make the picture better when using there vga on there laptop and the answer is there is no cheap solution. vga was not designed for hd,
hence the name VGA, video graphics.
DVI digital visual

Back
Top Bottom