Toshiba external hard drive.

ishthemienguy

Beta member
I have a 160gb toshiba external and the mini usb to sata+power board broke and I was just wondering where I can get a replacement. I'm also not sure what the name of the board is called. It is circle in red.

externalharddrive.jpg

Hi,

Its just a caddy get another from ebay for £5 - £10. You could buy the same caddy and swap the board but that makes no sense at all and for how much a caddy cost its not worth repairing. They are all standard connections so any other external hard drive board that fits into your own caddy can work.

thanks for the info, but is there a website that will sell the external hard drive board that is circled in red in my top picture?

I dont know of any websites that will sell just the psb sorry, probably because there just isnt any value in them. all you can do is try to find your own model second hand but that defeats the object of the repair.

hard drives and pen drives are very different. i dont know the technicals to this but i wouldn't expect my dvd player to play from my hard drive. 16 gig pen drive yes as its solid state, your dvd player cant tell your hard drive what to or what it wants.

Hi,

Its just a caddy get another from ebay for £5 - £10. You could buy the same caddy and swap the board but that makes no sense at all and for how much a caddy cost its not worth repairing. They are all standard connections so any other external hard drive board that fits into your own caddy can work.

You are right sir !!!

Back
Top Bottom